Our key manufacturing client in Stockport are working with EMS exclusively in the recruitment for a Development Engineer to join their R&D and Engineering department, working on the development of new products and processes.
Our client is a leading designer and manufacturer within the sports industry and provides their customers with a wide variety of standard and bespoke products. While they sell their own brand products in stores, they also supply to well-known brands in the automotive and motorcycle industry.
Reporting into the Senior Design/R&D Engineer, the Development Engineer will work closely with both the R&D and engineering/production departments to work on development, prototyping and testing of new products. This is a varied role in a fast-moving environment, and key responsibilities will include:
- Manufacture prototype parts for testing
- Translate 2D/3D technical drawings in Solidworks and create product variant drawings where required.
- Operate in-house testing systems - inc NDT, destructive strength testing, tensile testing, fatigue testing.
- Process test data to present results to senior engineering staff and management.
- Involvement in DFMEA reviews
- Technical documentation management and maintaining MRP records - part details etc.
- Must be able to understand and translate technical mechanical drawings. Understanding of Solidworks would be highly beneficial but not essential.
- Engineering qualification HNC or above.
- Understanding of GD&T and other testing procedures (strength parameters of metals etc)
- Experience within a product development focussed position
- Experience working cross-functionally (namely between Design and production departments) to progress NPD.
- HNC qualified or equivalent
- Communicative and flexible approach to work is essential
Above all, you must be a robust individual who enjoys a fast-paced, varied and challenging environment. This is a unique opportunity for a developing individual to work with a truly exciting product and industry!
If you feel you have the skills and experience required for the role then please APPLY NOW for immediate consideration and more information!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959471428