Hybrid Component Engineer
Component Engineer Project Role for Hybrid System
Our client is an engine design and development consultancy, who are based in the West Midlands. They are currently looking for a contract Hybrid component engineer who is able to work on their customer's site.
The component engineer is responsible for the mechanical and electrical integration of components within a 48V Hybrid system. The components have been already sourced from the customer and are going to be integrated in one lead program and other derivatives on alternative platforms.
- Deliver components to the PCDS process deliverables.
- Component packaging together with our customers' CAD team (also working within this project).
- Component release process.
- Component test specification, support and validation of functional tests.
- Oversight of any component tests performed by Tier 1 suppliers.
- Requirements Management how to develop those components together with the Tier 1 based on the customers' site.
- Supplier management of the related component (Battery, BISG, DCDC, Enclosures).
- Track and report progress of deliverables against time plan to the customer.
- Resolve issues which threaten timing plan where possible.
- Report issues which threaten timing plan where no immediate resolution is possible.
- Working with Prototype Vehicles.
- Generation of test reports.
- Understanding of the customers' programme timing milestones and gateways.
- Release of parts.
- The candidate should have a technical background within hybrid system architecture (ideally with 48V).
- Good effective communication and teamwork skills.
- The ability to communicate at all levels within the company.
- Knowledge and application of FMEA principles.
- Methodical approach to work.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959460963