Retail Sales Manager (Field Based) - South England
Retail Sales Manager
Field Based - South of England
Our client is seeking an individual to represent the Company in the South West of England as their Retail Sales Manager. The applicant will be required to look after and work with a successful sales team, they will also be responsible for maximising turnover and profitability for the company through leadership, direction and development of the sales team. The role will be predominantly field based, but there will be a need to attend occasional meetings in either Leeds or regional Distribution Centres in the South of England.
- To provide management development and direction to a team of domestic Sales Representatives.
- To promote the company's policy and practice on sales behaviours, processes and ethics.
- To take an active role in the promotion of the brand to existing and potential customers.
- To contribute in the selection and marketing of new products.
- To participate in the identification and development of additional products and markets.
- To liaise with the Branch Manager on matters of budget, sales forecasting and KPI measurement.
- To behave at all times as an ambassador of the company.
- To manage and develop all accounts.
- Role Framework
The role-holder will be based In the South of England and able to travel, on occasion staying away from home. This role is primarily field based and the expectation is that 4 / 5 days per week will be spent in the field.
Reporting to the National Retail Sales Director, a degree of collaboration around the financial performance of the company would be expected, as would a full role in the budgeting process.
The role-holder would be expected to manage, monitor and develop Sales Representatives against agreed sales targets and performance KPI's. They would also be expected to be aspirational as it is desirable that they develop both the business and themselves, should a larger role within the group become available.
- Able to demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Work with and assist a large team of Sales Representatives.
- Able to demonstrate good basic numerical reasoning
- Able to set, agree and measure against performance objectives.
- Able to demonstrate a strong work ethic and a level of achievement in career to date.
- Able to describe and implement group methodology such as journey planning, objective setting, KPI monitoring etc.
- Able to demonstrate strong sales skills and successful track record.
- Able to build and maintain positive relationships with both internal and external partners.
- Be Based in the South of England
Closing date: 24th November 2017
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77499404