Infrastructure Engineer / DevOps - SQL / VMWare / 3rd Line
A fantastic role has arisen for a Renowned Global Online Retailer, as an Infrastructure Engineer with DevOps experience. You?ll be working as part of a super talented tech team.
They offer fantastic benefits, annual clothing allowance, free breakfast, gym, bonus, cycling scheme and much more!
As an online retailer, IT is an integral part of their business. Their IT team is continuing to grow and they?re now looking to appoint an Infrastructure Engineer / DevOps to join their super dynamic team.
This great opportunity is a split role, 70% DevOps and 30% Infrastructure Engineer.
What will you be doing on the Infrastructure side?
- You?ll provide 3rdline support, deliver outstanding customer service and IT support, ensuring quality of service and striving to meet and exceed user expectations.
- Technically you?ll be a whiz with Virtualisation server environments, Windows 2012 as well as having a good understanding of ITIL. Firewall management, MS Networks, Cisco networking and telecoms will all be second nature to you.
- You?ll also be pretty clued up on systems security.
- You?ll have had previous experience, ideally in a retail organisation or similar with a large call centre to support.
What will the DevOps side include?
- Mostly this role is about deploying code and troubleshooting issues that arise from code deployments so understanding code deployment concepts particularly to Windows is important.
- Most deployments are web related so understanding HTTP & HTTPS protocols, CDNs and generally understanding how the web work is important.
What skills are they looking for in an Infrastructure Engineer / DevOps?
- IIS Web Servers
- Windows servers.
- Load Balancers, ideally F5 LTM but at least general concepts and some experience of some kind of load balancer.
- Octopus and Team Foundation Server ? these are the key apps they use to deploy code and for code version control. If they don?t have these specific technologies then experience with similar ones, especially Git for version control.
- HTTP & HTTPS protocols
- SQL server
- MongoDB (nice to have)
If you have at least 3 years Infrastructure Engineer with DevOps experience, who would like to further there DevOps career then, please send me your CV asap!
Octopus / Jenkins / SQL / Windows / HTTP / HTTPS
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959452615