Project & Automation Engineer
My Client are one of the world's leading manufacturers for FMCG in the Pharmaceutical Industry.
Through a combination of innovative products and focused practitioner support, the company brings a refreshing perspective to the marketplace, thereby creating real advantages for customers.
From our extensive network of facilities in 12 countries across five continents, My Client distributes high-quality products throughout the world.
08.30 - 16.30, Monday to Friday
Project & Automation Engineer
An enthusiastic project & automation engineer required for introducing new technologies and automated process equipment for new and existing medical device products. The job is within the project engineering group, responsible for all European sites within a global medical device company.
* To function as a team member leading and supporting the specification, development, commissioning and validation of automated equipment and products in a regulated environment
* To work as part of small teams to innovate, design, develop and deliver process changes and improvements
* To work well with a wider team to deliver individual modules of manufacturing processes or the delivery of new products to market
* To drive technical innovation, seeking and developing new technologies and applications to improve the next generation of production equipment.
* To prepare and execute test schedules/protocols, manage testing and create reports for the installation and validation of automated equipment in a regulated environment
* To conduct safety compliance assessments with experience in meeting the requirements for CE marking and PUWER
* To manage own time and deliverables, to maintain adherence to the project plan and produce regular reports to Technical Manager and Programme Manager on progress against deliverables and project risks
* To use appropriate tools for statistical process control and analysis (control charts, process capability, DoE etc.).
* To prepare project documentation to an acceptable standard in preparation for key milestones
* Experience of installing and validating medical device manufacturing equipment through IQ, OQ and PQ
* Experience of creating PUWER assessments and has worked with ATEX requirements
* Experience of ISO9002, ISO13485 and FDA CFR 22 requirements but training will be given for a suitable candidate
* Experience of managing engineering change
* Experience of creating equipment specifications and working with the vendors to ensure compliance
* Experience of reading and understand mechanical and electrical assembly drawings.
* Experience and use of Minitab for statistical evaluation of data.
* Experience or Knowledge of Six Sigma
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Effective communicator
* Adaptable to change
* Good planning and organisation skills
* Working with others
* Results oriented
* Problem Solving Under Pressure
* Office room environment, with moderate levels of noise across all UK sites
* Frequent time in manufacturing / operations areas around equipment with moving parts
* May be required to work for extended hours with a personal computer and programs to prepare documents and reports
* May be required to work at vendors' sites (mainly in the UK and Europe) for regular short
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959472300