Assistant Facilities Manager
What is the purpose of this role?
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Facilities Manager to join our Group Property team. You will be responsible for maintaining the day to day facilities management services to the Amey HQ office in Oxford, promoting and maintaining the highest standards of exceptional customer care and service.
In this position you will drive and maintain the front of house image to deliver an exceptional customer experience to visitors and employees and ensure hard and soft services are maintained to the correct statutory maintenance standards.
This role also involves the management of supplier services used to ensure best practise standards and Health & Safety is met at all times.
What will this role involve?
- Supervision of Oxford Facilities Team
- To oversee the day to day management of PPM and re-active works
- To ensure statutory compliance and legislative requirements are completed
- Responsible for ensuring all building and plant is maintained and operated in a safe manner
- Managing suppliers and arranging all ppm and remedial works
- Ensuring all re-active work is complete
- Raising purchase orders and approving invoices for supplies and contracts
- To manage financial spend against purchase orders and budget
- Managing Health & Safety and ensuring all correct documentation is in place and completed
- Managing Concept for both PPM and reactive works
- Arranging and attending supplier review meeting and monitoring supplier performance
- Reporting and investing accidents
What are we looking for?
- Experience of managing people
- Proven track record of Facilities Management
- Knowledge of pre-planned maintenance standards and statutory requirements
- Experience of working with maintenance suppliers
- Ability to negotiate Knowledge and experience of CAFM system
- Financial management experience
- Raising of all purchase orders and approving all invoices
- Competent knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Sound knowledge of Health & Safety requirements and Permit to Works
- Organised and pro-active, with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Experience of working in Facilities Management
- Concept or other CAFM knowledge
- Proven track record of Health & Safety experience
- Experience with managing suppliers
- Sound knowledge of financial management
- Good verbal & written communication skills with the ability to liaise at various levels
- Self-motivated and be able to work alone or as part of a team
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Interest in new customer service technology and understanding how to use it
- Willingness to continue to learn and attend training
- Health & Safety Qualification
- Strong Customer Service Ethos
- Eye for detail, willing to take ownership and see things through to completion
- Ability to work on own initiative
Everyone at Amey works together towards this common aim, which we call our ‘Better Places’ goal. We’re a commercial business which focuses on helping our customers to serve Britain. Making things better every day for people and communities is at the heart of the way we work.
Today we are one of the most diverse companies in our sector. So at Amey you can grow in a specific sector or broaden your horizons by applying your skills to a new sector. You may be surprised where an Amey career can take you.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.