Product Design Engineer
Since 1965 OMK have provided design led solutions to the furniture industry. Specialising in the supply of public seating systems for airports, railways and ferry terminals we have developed a focused range of seating systems to enhance public spaces.
Who we are looking for:
An experienced design engineer to join our team lead by Design Director and Founder Rodney Kinsman RDI. Based at our head office in London’s west end, you will be required to assist in all areas of the design process. With a focus on detail you will lead the technical development of our product range.
You must have an excellent understanding of manufacturing techniques and materials with the ability to take products from concept to market.
- Develop production ready designs.
- Manage the supply chain, liaising with key manufacturers.
- Manage the QC and process documentation.
- Manage product technical files, containing intellectual property.
- Manage product certification.
- Manage product creation based on realistic time plans ensuring key dates are met.
Experience in the following manufacturing processes is also desirable:
- Polyurethane moulding.
- Aluminium die casting.
- Aluminium Extrusion.
- Sheet metal work.
- Advanced understanding of Solidworks.
- Autocad, Draftsight, Revit and Keyshot experience advantageous but not essential.
- Excellent knowledge of engineering and manufacturing principles.
- Have knowledge or experience of Adobe CS & MS Office.
- Have outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Be able to manage time efficiently, work under pressure, multi task, manage conflicting projects and work to tight deadlines.
- Be able to problem solve and use their own initiative.
- Have good organisational and people skills.
- Fluent in English, other languages advantageous.
We export our products globally; therefore national and international travel to exhibitions and project sites may be required. The candidate should:
- Hold a valid passport.
- Hold a valid driving license.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a challenging and varied role with excellent opportunities for development.
Ability to start within 1 month preferable.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77469275