We have an outstanding career opportunity for a Technical Support Engineer.
The role itself is with a leading data management company who lead the market against the likes of Veritas, IBM and Veeam. They are now looking for someone with 1st/2nd line experience who is looking to move up into a 3rd line role within the next 12-18 months.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of their technical customer support team and provide phone support to their continuously growing customer base. The ideal candidate will bring a hard work ethic, customer interaction, good communication skills and a desire to learn to this fast paced, global organisation.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Be the first point of contact for customer calls and emails
- Confirm the client is under contact, incident details and contact information
- Review ticket history for immediate resolutions to incident
- Dispatch and coordinate incidents to correct focus group
Position Requirements include:
- Experience with the Microsoft Operating Systems or Linux Operating Systems
- Understanding of network topologies
- Ability to multi-task and exceptional time management skills
- Experience with Backup technology
- Ideally has experience in at least one of the following technical areas:
- Virtualisation: Either VMware or Hyper-V
- Storage: Either NetApp, IBM, EMC, HP or HDS
- Messaging: Either Exchange, Lync, SharePoint or SQL Server
- Backup: BackupExec, NetBackup, Veeam, ArcServe or Legato
- Database: Either Oracle, MySQL or DB2
For the opportunity to fast track your career, please apply now for more details!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959472093