Ford & Stanley - The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Service Engineer who will have great involvement in the maintenance of Rail hire equipment.
This is an opportunity to work for the market leader in hire equipment where you will be able to develop and grow your career as a Service Engineer.
Location (s): Kent
Role and Responsibilities
- Inspecting, testing, maintaining and repairing that equipment for which you have been deemed competent
- Repair, maintain and service a wide variety of Rail Plant and equipment to my clients and the manufacturer's specification
- Ensuring that all equipment is cleaned/painted so as to be presented to customers in accordance with company standards
- Completion of transfer sheets, test tickets and all associated inspection, repair and maintenance paperwork and input of maintenance information into the maintenance management database via the current PDA's
- Identify and resolve problems quickly, engineer out repetitive breakdowns
- Assisting the Depot Manager/Foreman to support depot operations to provide customer assistance
- Visit sites to test hire fleet equipment and customers own equipment
- Completing all administration documents and inputs to IT systems in a timely and accurate manner
- Work to the highest standard of Health and Safety.
The ideal candidate will have a background in Mechanical maintenance on plant machinery, production machinery etc, confident with customer facing and fully competent in articulating technical issues.
- A background in Mechanical maintenance.
- Some Electrical maintenance experience.
- Health and safety awareness.
- Computer literate.
- Apprentice trained/ City & Guilds / NVQ qualified
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959464726