To assist the Accountancy Manager with providing a full range of Accountancy functions in respect of Cardiff Capital Region City Deal (CCRCD) Joint Committee. In particular to review and comment on the Financial and Commercial aspects of project proposals and business cases (SOC, OBC, FBC) received and to update the Wider Investment Fund as business cases are approved and implemented.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. To supervise the Grade 8 City Deal Accountant in the preparation of annual estimates and final accounts for both revenue and capital expenditure and in the preparation of all management accounting/monitoring information throughout the year.
2. To supervise other members of staff in the team on specific tasks, in particular the Grade 8 City Deal Accountant.
3. To assist the Accountancy Manager in reviewing all reports to Joint Cabinets and its sub-committees and providing Financial Implications advice as required.
4. To assist the Accountancy Manger with all financial aspects of Programme Board related work including review of Business Cases and an assessment of the financial and commercial due diligence undertaken in respect of projects.
5. To support the Programme Management Office (PMO) as required in discharging all performance monitoring and reporting requirements in respect of Wider Investment Fund, including liaison with Welsh Government, Wales Audit Office and the ten Local Authorities on all technical accounting and reporting matters relating to the Wider Investment Fund.
6. To work with other members of Project and Service Accountancy as required to ensure the effective management and reporting of the Wider Investment Fund including Capital accounting and cashflow management requirements.
7. To represent the Accountancy Manager, Section 151 Officer at working groups and other meetings as required, including the presentation of financial reports. To provide effective financial advice and support to the CCRCD Programme Director and other CCRCD senior officers e.g. s151 Officer and Chief Executives groups as required.
8. To interpret and implement new and existing legislation as it affects the Cardiff County Council and CCRCD Joint Cabinet.
9. To lead on the completion of grant claims (and related reports), statistical and statutory returns for submission to Central Government and Welsh Government for both revenue and capital expenditure. Review of Balance Sheet as appropriate.
10. To lead on the preparation of the CCRCD Statement of Accounts and to liaise with the external auditors on all matters arising.
11. To be an effective and committed member of the Projects Accountancy Team.
1. To participate actively in supporting the principles and practice of equality of opportunity as laid down in the organisation's Equal Opportunities Policy.
2. To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions and to comply with all health and safety legislation as appropriate.
3. As a term of your placement you may be required to undertake such other duties and/or times of work as may reasonably be required of you, commensurate with your grade or general level of responsibility within the organisation.
Hold a relevant financial qualification i.e. CCAB qualified or part qualified or qualified AAT.
Experience of working within a Local Government Finance environment.
Experience of preparing financial reports, monitoring and completing accounts and undertaking reconciliations.
Knowledge of both Revenue and Capital Accounting
Technically competent across accounting disciplines.
Ability to set and maintain performance standards and to prioritise work for yourself and others.
Ability to lead on financial and accounting tasks on ?project basis?, including undertaking the necessary research.
Have good range of computer skills including Excel, Word PowerPoint.
Have the ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
Have an organised and methodical approach to work.
Self-starter, with the ability to work with limited supervision.
Ability to challenge current working practices and add value to tasks that are undertaken.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959469195