Software Engineer PHP- Level I, Nottingham
Software Engineer PHP ? Level I
This is an ideal opportunity for a bright and ambitious technology graduate with the relevant programming experience to join a large global FTS 100 organization.
We are looking to expand our team and bring on a Junior Software Engineer who enjoys working with friendly and professional individuals in a collaborative environment.
The successful candidate will work in our delivery team who play a pivotal role in providing business critical solutions to the insurance industry.
The role is back end focused and involves data manipulation and distribution as part of our high load, highly scalable data supply services.
Key Skills required:
- Qualified to Degree level in a technology discipline
- Knowledge and having gained commercial experience in creating and maintaining PHP based systems having worked in industry or as an undergraduate placement
- Experience using MySQL database and query design
- Experience working with version control systems as part of a team such as GIT.
- Knowledge of automated testing (e.g. PHPUnit)
- Keen eye for detail, ability to work closely with project managers to review and deliver code to agreed specification and deadlines
- Have the passion and thoroughness for creating error free code and take pride in producing quality deliveries.
- Reliable, amiable co-worker. Must be team player who can work with a tight knit and friendly team.
This is for an initial Fixed Tern Contract till 31st December 2018 for specific projects however for the right candidate it is anticipated that the role will lead to a full time permanent career position
LexisNexis is the leader in providing essential information that helps advance industry and society. We are a forward thinking, progressive organisation that provides tracing and data cleansing solutions, in addition, deliver critical and decisive processes for identity verification and compliance due diligence. .
We?re a superb company to work for, with great people, world class technology, market leading products, a culture of innovation and collaboration, and superb career prospects.
LexisNexis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959449910