Information Assurance Specialist
Information Assurance Specialist
Thales protects 80% of the world's payment card transactions as well as safeguarding the biggest names in technology. We're a leading force in cyber security, both in the UK and globally. And to keep our customers' information and communications safe and secure in this constantly shifting, immensely challenging sector, we need to excel, evolve and invent. That's why we only want to work with the brightest, most ambitious minds in our industry. That's why we want to work with you.
You will be taking the overall responsibility for the evaluation and implementation of cost effective technical security requirements and controls for IL0 - IL6 environments. To identify and reduce business risk by undertaking probing, analytical technical security assessments. This will be achieved by reviewing, maintaining and updating all technical security documentation, policy and procedures associated with Thales' networks, systems and applications, in accordance with Mandatory Requirements of HMG Security Policy Framework (SPF) and applicable Information Assurance Standards.
- Support Thales UK in ensuring all technical security measures are enhanced and developed where necessary, to ensure successful and timely system accreditations and re-accreditations.
- Provide central point of contact for all technical security matters and concerns, supporting project teams and businesses throughout project lifecycles.
- Provide assurance and ensure successful and secure delivery of all Code of Connections (CoCos), associated cryptographic products, key material and required documentation.
- Overall responsibility for developing and implementing formal and regular technical vulnerability assessments of Thales' network environments, recommending remedial action where required.
- Work collaboratively with technical project delivery teams to ensure proposed solution provides required level of security assurance and that suggested product is rigorously tested for suitability.
- Ensure that technical requirements for Thales assurance activities are delivered in the functional area.
- In depth experience in Security technical support with a variety of systems and applications.
- Evidential experience as subject matter expert in the evaluation and implementation of technical security products for Public or Private sector organisations.
- Experience in managing and developing a technical security team, including objective setting, performing appraisals, performance and resource management.
- Network and firewall vulnerability assessments, extensive experience of network design and CHECK scheme deliverables.
- Able to provide analytical advice on the security implications of new and existing systems and for all proposed changes to said systems.
- Formal stakeholder for the successful assessment and delivery of security related change control processes.
- Able to interpret detailed system design documentation and identify all potential security risks, implement secure and appropriate security solutions.
- Quantifiable experience in fundamentals of all aspects of Security technical design.
- Demonstrable understanding of Security products, specifically Checkpoint, Juniper, Bluecoat, McAfee, Cisco and RSA Envision.
- A quantifiable experience as a Network Security manager or engineer.
- Proven experience in assessing technical risk, review network security policies and procedures.
- Ability to provide technical security advice to business areas when required and to provide technical security input to the Corporate security risk register.
- Proven experience of providing support assurance to the site and network accreditation process.
- Understanding of current and emerging Security technologies.
This is a fantastic opportunity with a global, innovative company. Join us.
Together We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss with your Resourcing Business partner.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959466413