Application Developer (2 yrs Fixed Term Contract)
We are seeking a highly resourceful and Technical Applications Developer. Your role has a very clear purpose:
** The Applications Developer will be responsible for developing, enhancing, upgrading and maintaining internal business systems.
** So Who are we and what are we all about you ask?
- We are part of the Emergency Services and rapid response Unit. We operate over 27 separate sites across the region working alongside 700 committed Emergency Personnel supported by 120 support staff soon to be 121 when we find the right Business Analyst....
** Last year we responded to over 10,000 calls attending over 6,500....slightly over 125 incidents a week(!?)
What do we require of you so far in your career?
- Logical approach to problem solving with strong analytical capabilities.
- Organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workloads, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Strong communications skills with the ability to convey technical information to non-technical colleagues in a concise and clear way.
- Demonstrate a flexible, proactive approach and an attention to detail.
- Excellent report writing skills, with a specific emphasis on technical specifications and manuals.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate technical capabilities, combined with significant experience of developing applications to address business needs and enable innovation.
- Take responsibility for developing, enhancing, upgrading and maintaining internal business systems.
- Provide day to day support to internal users on business systems, improving performance, capacity and planning as directed by the Business Systems Manager.
- Work with Business Analysts and Project Managers to develop applications/business systems (new and existing) to address organisational requirements. Translate functional requirements/business issues into possible technical solutions, developing detailed specification documents for project delivery.
- Take responsibility for creating and maintaining in-house systems, using a range of products, including *******, C#, Entity Framework, SQL and other related technologies.
- Support the Business Systems Manager and Business Analysts, working in an agile environment, to develop applications for business process improvement, with a particular focus on the transition of on-premise systems into a SaaS model.
- Sound experience of server infrastructure relevant to the business systems
- A good working knowledge understanding of Microsoft Sharepoint architecture and technologies, .net framework and related technologies.
- Proven experience of installing, configuring and administering SQL database systems in an enterprise environment
- Significant experience supporting, planning & configuring major business systems
- Experience of working within the full project life cycle of an agile environment would be desirable.
- Practical knowledge/understanding of server hardware technologies and architecture relating to Business Systems development
All of our staff contribute towards saving lives, whether directly or indirectly, and make a difference to those in the community every single day.
You will enjoy a range of attractive staff benefits which include a childcare voucher scheme, flexible working hours and emergency service discounts.
This is for now at 2 year Fixed Term Contract - Yes, it could become Permanent but for now we can't confirm such a thing. We can confirm that you will find a wide, complex range of Technical tasks and duties to perform and will feel part of an organisation which does a lot more with itself than simply make money and employ people. What we do is saving and protecting Lives - Is there anything more significant you could be doing in the Community?
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959471722