Resident IT Systems Engineer
Job title: Resident IT Systems Engineer
Salary: £40,000 plus benefits
Location: Milton Keynes
Commutable from: Milton Keynes, Bletchley, Buckingham, Aylesbury, Luton, Bedford, Northampton, Towcester, Bicester, Banbury, Daventry, Wellingborough
Our client are a leading provider of warehouse and logistics automation systems. Due to continued expansion they are now recruiting a Resident IT Systems Engineer. Expertise in UNIX Operating Systems is essential. You will be based on site at one of their flagship sites in Milton Keynes.
Overview of the Role:
Technically proficient and clear communicator looking for accelerated development and customer experience.
Based on-site (Milton Keynes) within our customer?s facility the role is to provide hands-on technical support and analysis for our software, infrastructure and technology products and ensure the availability of critical systems.
Engaging directly with the customer to support with operational analysis, exceptions and change management this role enables the successful candidate to be a significant contributor to the success of our customer?s operation.
Communicating effectively and accurately any business critical situations with the offshore development team with appropriate priority.
The right calibre candidate will find this role stretches their abilities and accelerates their learning and development within the team to have a positive impact within our business.
- Monitoring and management of the system software and hardware.
- Identify, analyse, remedy and root-cause-analysis of Systems, IT and software issues.
- Change control and management of Systems
- Manage and communicate effectively with stakeholders at various levels of the organisation.
- Software Commissioning and Integration Testing
- UNIX Operating Systems (Command line interface to administer OS performance and deploy releases)
- Proficient using SQL (DML, DDL, TCL)
- Hands-on working experience with PL/SQL language and debugging skills
- Hands-on database experience (Oracle beneficial)
- Self-motivated and a proactive approach to problem solving is essential with a strong working relationship with all stakeholders
- High level of responsibility and awareness of business-criticality
- Ability to learn and develop on the job
- Ability to keep calm, confident and focused when working under pressure
- Capacity to work as part of a team and as an individual without constant supervision
- Meeting of agreed performance and targets set
- Ability to work flexible hours and locations
- Show strong communication skills to engage with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to provide occasional on-call remote support
- Understanding of programming concepts
- Python and shell scripting
- Technical knowledge of network technologies and troubleshooting experience beneficial
- Experience working with business-critical enterprise-level production environments
- PL/SQL Programming
- Experience with hardware build and maintenance (servers, desktops, devices)
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Understanding and appropriate use of MS Office application suite (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- MS Windows 7 / 10
3+ years experience in industry or where transferrable skills can be demonstrated are ideal.
Training & Development:
In addition to the role based training some additional development may include time at the company head office.
Our client is a growing global operating business and this role offers the potential to grow within their business.
To apply for this position please send your CV and salary details in complete confidence to Clayton Cruise by following the APPLY NOW link.
Clayton Cruise ? Award winning Technical Recruiter
1998 ? 2017 Celebrating 19 years experience in Technical Recruitment including founding and heading up Proactive Recruitment Solutions since 2003.
Why work with me?
Unlike most recruiters who work all types of jobs; I have for the past 19 years worked within the technical and engineering sector and have placed over 1,000 people during that time.
I understand engineering extremely well and will not discuss roles with you that do not meet your criteria or your abilities.
What does my support cost?
It costs you nothing for my support, I generate my income by charging companies rather than candidates for my support.
What other roles do I have that may suit you?
Most of the companies that I work with work with me on an exclusive basis, so by registering with me it will enable you to gain access to engineering roles that other agencies do not have.
What to do next?
To start the ball rolling all you need to do is email your CV to me. I will be back in touch with you to discuss what you are looking for and job opportunities that I have that match what you are looking for. So what are you waiting for. Email your CV today.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959470272