UI / UX Designer
We are interested in seeing candidates with varying levels of experience SO, if you fall into the salary banding below and are interested in hearing more, please apply and we will be in touch.
Job Title: UI / UX Designer
Location: Solihull (10-minute walk from train station)
Salary: £25,000 to £40,000 depending upon level of experience
Job Type: Permanent
Job Reference: LH9350
My client is seeking a creative, talented and knowledgeable designer capable of producing stunning user-centric application interfaces for multiple end devices.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
- Overall responsibility for understanding client requirements/briefs and converting these into appealing, highly usable interfaces.
- Engage with the projects and account management team and/or client to seek a deeper appreciation of the customer?s business problems/goals.
- Develops understanding of each platform and the end users using primary and secondary research (user interviews, research and traffic data).
- Capable of generating user scenarios and reflecting these as stimulating designs.
- Prepares prototypes of sites/features (ranging from paper-and-pencil concepts to wireframes or interactive prototypes) for internal review and brainstorming.
- Capable of working with customers and developers in an iterative/agile manner to dramatically improve the prototypes in a short time.
- Able to articulate verbally his/her design philosophy verbally and in writing.
- Able to produce designs for multiple platforms (websites, applications, mobile and various application based templates)
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following
- Design tools: Mastery of Photoshop, Illustrator and Fireworks
- Front end technologies: In depth knowledge of HTML, CSS and ideally WPF
- Understanding of user interface design and the design process
- Excellent time management, multitasking and communication skills. Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time
- A minimum of 3 years of formal experience professional experience as a Web/UI designer
- Solid portfolio demonstrating design savvy and requirements understanding
- Excellent eye for aesthetics, layout, grid systems, colour theory and typography
- Strong understanding of desktop and mobile applications
- Understanding of limitations of web and mobile compared to desktop with approaches/ideas to challenge those boundaries
- Candidate must be in synch with the latest design strands and trends
The person will be able to demonstrate the personal attributes:
- Self-starter, that can collaborate actively with others in a cross functional team
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Passionate about constantly improving and developing
Wilde Associates is working in the capacity of an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959451866