Hitachi Ltd. is a global company with activities in multiple industries. Hitachi has over a hundred years of industrial and technology innovation, employs over 320,000 people and generates more than $95 billion of revenues a year. Hitachi Consulting is the Consulting, IT and Solutions services business of Hitachi Ltd. We work with clients across the world from all industry sectors to design, build and operate technology solutions. We have particular strengths in the domains of ?Digital?, ?Internet of Things?, ?Analytics? and ERP and provide a range of supporting services (industry expertise, project management, process design, change management) required to achieve success. Frequently, we will leverage our relationship with the rest of Hitachi to bring innovative products and services into our solutions for clients. We will also work with clients to define outcome based measures as part of our role in helping clients implement change and achieve benefits.
Hitachi Consulting is currently investing in its Technology Solutions Practice which is growing rapidly in the UK and Europe.
As part of this, we are seeking to recruit an experienced Azure Architect to join our Digital Transformation practice, based in the UK.
Our Azure Architects will enjoy varied responsibilities, including:
- Collaboratively working, sharing ideas within an extremely talented team that are driven to learn and keep abreast with the range of leading edge cloud services that are being frequently released
- Work with clients to understand their current technology landscape, design a future state based on Azure, and create a cloud strategy and migration/modernisation roadmap
- Requirement gathering, design and delivery of complex Azure based datacentres
- Day to day coaching and support from a hands-on ex-MVP who fosters and encourages technical debate within this high performing team
- Delivering projects to a very high standard including documentation and handover workshops to clients
- Acting in an Architect role with the client, providing liaison, on-going communication, managing client expectations and dealing with client issues
- Supporting business development and pre-sales activities including demo, PoC and writing proposals
We hire professionals, passionate about the benefits technology can bring to business. Although it is likely that the majority of people who meet our criteria will come from a large-scale consulting or systems integration backgrounds, we are enthusiastic to help individuals with relevant skills who want to take on the challenges of a consulting role for the first time.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate significant experience in Microsoft core Cloud technologies including more than two years of experience in Azure IaaS, and PaaS
Strong technical skills are required which may include:
- Microsoft Certified Professional premium level (preferred):
- Exam 70-533: Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
- Exam 70-534: Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions
- Azure Active Directory (Free, Basic, and Premium.), Azure Active Directory B2C, Azure Active Directory Domain Services, Azure DNS and Federation Services (ADFS)
- Azure Virtual Machines, Virtual Machine Scale Sets and Virtual Network
- Microsoft virtualisation technologies (Hyper-V, Virtual Server/PC) and / or VMware
- Application Gateway
- Azure Automation Batch and Scheduler
- Azure Backup and Site Recovery
- Azure Cloud Services
- ExpressRoute, VPN Gateways, Azure Load Balancer and Traffic Manager
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- Working knowledge of scripting and automation technologies, such as PowerShell, PDT, and DSC
- Ability to recommend and configure Azure subscriptions
- Good working knowledge and experience of firewall technologies
- Good understanding of hardware including SAN Storage
Experience in the following is also desirable, but not essential:
- Azure technologies: Log Analytics, CDN and Redis Cache, Power BI, Azure DevTest Labs, Azure Functions, Key Vault, Notification Hubs, RemoteApp, Security Center, SQL Database, SQL Data Warehouse and SQL Server Stretch Database, Azure Storage - non-relational data storage including Blob Storage, Table Storage, Queue Storage, and Files, StorSimple
- knowledge of Windows Azure Pack
- Microsoft System Center components (including Virtual Machine Manager, Operations Manager, Service Manager and Orchestrator)
- Experience of SQL Server implementation and high availability
- SharePoint Infrastructure
- Microsoft Office 365
- Kerberos implementation and troubleshooting in multi-tiered applications
Whilst Hitachi Consulting is respectful of our employees work / life balance candidates should be fully prepared to travel throughout the UK and internationally if required.
Inclusion and Diversity
Hitachi Consulting is committed to building an inclusive work environment that leverages the diverse talent and perspectives of our global workforce. We value the unique background, experience and capability of each employee and embrace differences including gender, race, religion, disability, nationality, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity and personal style. As a global company, we understand, appreciate and respect the diversity of our people and foster a collaborative work environment with equal opportunity for all employees. Inclusion and diversity is a fundamental strength of Hitachi Consulting that adds value for our company, our clients, our suppliers and the communities in which we live and work.
Hitachi Consulting offers excellent benefits and career growth to all employees.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959473196