Up to £37,000 + benefits
Main Purpose of the Job:
The main purpose of the role will be to work within the software testing function to help improve the quality of testing undertaken. The role will be across multiple concurrent projects spanning several business areas. The role will comprise of reviewing and challenging activities/quality/processes performed by the Test Practice teams to ensure quality and continuous efficiency improvements.
- Engage with teams at all levels to identify poor test practices across projects and to take ownership on improving these practice
- Lead the review of project test activities to ensure quality is embedded within testing and that benefits from lessons learnt are realised
- To build and develop good working relationships with project teams, Test Practice teams and business representatives to promote the benefits quality testing delivers
- Coach and guide the Test Practice teams in the correct usage of test tools to improve efficiency
- Proactively share knowledge and experience with projects, work collaboratively to streamline processes, improve working practices and standardise test artefacts
- Manage the procurement of software licences for the testing tools used within St. James's Place, ensuring delivery of test tool licence availability is in line with project requirements.
- Champion the principles of the Test Practice; this includes:
- support the ongoing evolution of this function
- seek ideas / areas to enhance as part of the continual improvement of testing
- increase visibility of the benefits good quality testing provides
- improve the perception of testing
- An excellent communicator at all levels within a project team and to be able to provide information to others in a timely and efficient manner
- Able to comfortably communicate with technical experts and also discuss issues with business stakeholders using non-technical language
- Ability to diplomatically influence and motivate others to change, evolve and improve
- Be comfortable liaising across multiple areas from Test Teams, to Business Users, to 3rd party providers
- Be approachable, personable and be a committed team player
- ISTQB Foundation Level Software Testing Certificate or higher
In addition to an attractive salary you will also receive a number of excellent benefits including a non-contributory pension, private medical insurance, life assurance, a share incentive plan, bonus sacrifice arrangements to name but a few.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you and you don't want to miss out please do not hesitate to get in contact with Kieran Gibney at Sanderson Recruitment on ************ or ******************************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959472283