Technician Construction - Bricklaying
Based in the Construction area of East Surrey's Technology department this exciting post involves:
- Supporting students in their learning of practical skills in the Construction workshops.
- Supervising and maintaining workshops ensuring adherence to health and safety regulations, along with cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
- Ordering stock, maintaining a stock of consumables and preparing materials for student activities
This post would suit an individual who has achieved their own bricklaying qualifications or who has a brick/construction background themselves and understands the basic principles. Candidates will be enthusiastic, self-motivated with excellent communication skills, and with a committed approach to your work you will maintain a high quality learning environment for our learners.
The suitable candidate will hold a Level 2 in Bricklaying.
Candidates who hold a UK Teaching qualification e.g. AET, CET, will be considered for a Skills Practitioner role which has a teaching requirement along with the above responsibilities.
- To prepare learning areas for practical work liaising with Lecturers including learning materials and teaching aids.
- To be visible and available to support learners and staff at timetabled lessons.
- To have nominated responsibility for the supervision and maintenance of specified areas.
- To maintain a stock of consumables in accordance with departmental needs.
- To source and issue consumables and resources to staff and students in accordance with departmental policy.
- To clean, maintain, and repair as necessary the departmental area resources, equipment and facilities.
- To maintain a record/inventory of resources and equipment
- To assist in the supervision of students and student assessment.
Closing Date: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
At East Surrey College we are committed to Equal Opportunities, encouraging applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population. We are also committed to PREVENT and safeguarding the welfare of children and vulnerable adultsand expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note that ESC is a smoke-free zone, with no smoking permitted anywhere on campus.
To apply, please follow the job board application instructions to submit your CV.