Web App Developer
Web App Developer
Due to steady growth and increased demand from a client base of retailers and fashion brands, this leading provider of Mobile Apps are looking for talented web application developers to join an existing web applications team based in 1 of their Manchester offices.
This is a great opportunity for a developer who thrives on delivering success for clients, loves to see their work providing a tangible ROI in the commercial world and has a keen interest in the future of retail technology.
Working in their Web Applications Team you will be involved in maintaining, extending and improving the frontend frameworks that are used across multiple stores and sales channels. You will also get the chance to architect and work on backend microservices written in NodeJS and using serverless infrastructure.
You will have a collaborative attitude that embraces colleagues, clients and other vendors in order to deliver the very best retail experiences using leading technology.
- Software design, working with other teams to plan a solution
- Extend and improve our PHP MVC website framework
- To provide framework knowledge and technical expertise to the broader support teams
- Solid knowledge of PHP, object oriented programming and design patterns
- Experience with PHP frameworks eg. Laravel, Symfony, Zend
- Me be confident using or building RESTful APIs
- Adept at writing well documented, readable and maintainable code
- Solid HTML, CSS and CSS pre-processors eg. SASS knowledge
Bonus Points for
- Bachelorâ??s Degree (or higher) in Computer Science
- AngularJS / Node.js / React
- AWS: Lambda, API Gateway etc.
- Continuous Integration Servers ie. Jenkins
- Payment Gateways
- PHP knowledge including frameworks eg. Laravel, Symfony, Zend
- Access to pension schemes after 1 month
- Access to healthcare after 3 months
- Bike to work scheme
- Snacks, tea and coffee provided throughout the week.
- Lunch on us on Friday
- 2-day hackathon every year
- Quarterly team events
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959467841