We have a new exciting opportunity at Saga Group for a Systems Consultant to join our team in Folkestone. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary.
Saga is the UK's leading provider of insurance, travel, personal finance and healthcare products and services tailored to the needs of the over 50s.
In this role as our Systems Consultant you will be required to work within the Saga Group Call Centre Technologies team. This role encompasses the development and support of the core CRM/CTI applications utilising .net and oracle technologies and Thunderhead amongst others.
Key responsibilities of the Systems Consultant
- Provide regular progress reports to Manager
- Adhere to Company and Departmental standards
- Troubleshooting, i.e. investigation and resolution of problems reported by users
- Programming and capture/definition of requirements for program fixes and system enhancements and systems analysis. Programming to be in relevant languages as appropriate. Unit testing, system testing and user training to be undertaken. Assist users with their acceptance testing
- Assist in the provision of estimates for fixes/enhancements as requested by IT Management
- Ensure that all work undertaken has been documented on the correct forms with authorising signatures in place before putting the fix/enhancement forward for application to the 'live', under Change and Release Management guidelines
- Any other duties requested by Management
Experience and skills required of our Systems Consultant:
- Degree standard or equivalent
- Knowledge of .NET 4.5 (2yrs), C#, Winforms, WPF, Oracle\MS SQL, Unit Testing (2yrs), Source Control
- A mid-level developer with at least 5 years' experience of developing client\server applications
- Demonstrable experience of using Oracle or MS SQL
- Expert understanding and utilising core Analysis and Development technologies as well as tools for modelling/simulation, planning, prototyping and mocking etc.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Unit Testing and Continuous Integration using Nunit\XUnit, TFS, MSBuild or similar
- Knowledge or understanding of MVVM frameworks such as Caliburn Micro or ReactiveUI
- Driven problem solver, able to work through problems to their resolution.
- Good knowledge of Windows Server
- Understanding of PCI, DPA and other relevant legal/governance frameworks for safe guarding customer and company data
- Appreciation for usability design considerations
- Ability to write well-structured and commented programs
So if you would like to join our team as our Systems Consultant then please click 'apply' today, we'd love to hear from you!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959450131