Senior Developer - Dev Ops
The HR & Finance Systems team support both internally developed and 3rd party applications and websites which are used by the Finance and HR departments throughout Next, across our Head Office, Directory, Store, and Warehouse divisions.
The DevOps team are responsible for maintaining and improving our Infrastructure estate to meet continuously changing business needs. The team will manage the maintenance and provisioning of Development, UAT and Production environments, interfacing between Technical Services teams and Application Developers. They will work to rapidly deploy development and UAT environments as needed using automated process and best practice. They work alongside the IT security team to ensure that all applications meet auditing, security and legal standard. The team will also act as a 3rd line support during critical issues, supporting the 2nd line Support Developers
· Conduct reviews and analysis to enhance the performance and reliability of existing applications, databases and systems. Establish baseline server performance and monitor metrics to improve server efficiency and stability
· Ensure the continued availability of production applications and database environments
· Manage the security of all of our environments to ensure that our data is secured to industry standards and legally compliant
· Research new tools and methods to improve the team?s operational efficiency and effectiveness
· Manage the creation and maintenance of Development and UAT environments, ensuring they meet the needs of the development teams
· Advise the application development teams to ensure new environments are fit for the required purpose and maintain and adhere to documented standards
· Document new environments and team standards
· Work with 3rd parties and internal development teams to assist with upgrades and system enhancements to the application estate
· Provide 3rd level support to aid the Support and Development teams during emergencies such as server or application outages
· Use/design/develop automation to deploy applications and servers.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959461582