Currently recruiting for a Engineering Manager to work for a extremely prestigous food manufacturing company based in the Yorkshire Dales who specialise in fine foods .
The candidate will report directly into the Production Manager, liaising with all appropriate Directors, Managers and staff throughout the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and Improve key engineering KPI's, downtime, productivity, expenditure, OEE
- Ensure all equipment and machinery is effectively maintained to a level that sustains and improves capabilities.
- Introduce preventative maintenance strategies that progress and support improvements to meet the site and business objectives.
- Ensure all reactive and planned maintenance is completed to the standards required and signed back to production in a proficient and timely manner.
- Initiate and manage change by providing supportive and strategic leadership which will maximise plant performance.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement, in combination with the production supervisors, and create a fully integrated engineering department.
- To immediately report any incidences of poor manufacturing practice, H&S, quality incidents or safety concerns to any member of the Senior Management team.
- To ensure appropriate and timely communication between production and engineering.
- To manage all HR issues for the department, with the assistance of the Production Manager and HR Advisor.
- Own and control the engineering budget for the factory, including the labour budget, energy costs and contractors
- Take overall responsibility and project manage any engineering assignments within the factory.
- Continually review and develop a flexible engineering structure which supports the changing needs of the plant and the demands of the business.
- Develop the skill base of the maintenance team.
- Support the development and implementation of "Correct Skilling" for production operators, where engineers support knowledge transfer to enable more efficient plant operation.
- Lead the engineering team in developing operators' basic cleaning, inspection and maintenance tasks to drive lean at a machine operation level.
- Create developmental programme designed to improve the skills and flexibility of the engineering team.
Experience sought in the successful candidate:
- Degree or equivalent standard of Education
- Previous management experience
- A pride in delivering excellent results through a team
- Experience within a Manufacturing environment
- To be capable of project managing initiatives effectively
please get in touch if you feel this role is of interest to you.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at ******************.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959464806