Security Engineer (SIEM, SOC, Threat), London
Role/Location: Security Engineer, London
SIEM, SOC, Threat, Linux
This role will come with an expected salary of £30,000 - £35,000 although it is subject to experience.
Kick start your career in Cyber Security in an exciting Engineering role with ECS Security - one of the fastest moving and largest privately-owned cybersecurity companies in the UK.
ECS is an award-winning provider of security operations centres (SOC) and security information and event management (SIEM) services. Our expert team designs, builds, runs and assesses SOC and SIEM solutions for some of the largest companies in the UK across a range of industry sectors and we are always looking for talented and enthusiastic people who share our values. As such, we have opened up several exciting career opportunities for Engineering positions based in Edinburgh and London.
At ECS, our Engineers benefit from accelerated training paths in a range of industry-leading technologies and an intensive schedule of learning and development over the first 12-18 months. Successful candidates are trained and supported to become multi-faceted and multi-skilled troubleshooters over an array of systems.
The Engineer role within ECS is a great entry-level position but is also available to those with more experience, it provides a good opportunity for moving into Security Consultancy in future.
- Develop and support development of Use Cases, Rules and Log Sources
- Data on boarding and performance tuning of SIEM/SOC solutions
- Perform management, maintenance and ongoing development in support of ECS services, across a range of technologies
Skills & Experience, Essential:
- Hands-on experience/usage of Linux
- IT Security-related Degree/Certification, or IT degree with Security module
- System administration
- Experience of working within team based environment
- Experience of handling complex tasks
- Demonstrable project work experience either from education or career
- Security Operations Centre/SOC
- Awareness of Data Analytics, Data Science, Threat Intelligence
- Industry recognised qualifications Security+, CSA+, CEH, CISSP
ECS is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to diversity in the workplace. We currently have 400 employees and a growing pool of contracted Associates. ECS has its headquarters in Glasgow with offices in Edinburgh, London, Manchester and Pune.
With a significant and increasing pipeline of work, we are looking to recruit highly talented, ambitious and motivated individuals to join us on our journey. It's an exciting time to join ECS and a great place to work. If you have the skills and experience as stipulated above, can demonstrate a strong level of achievement in your career and want to join a thriving solutions driven organisation where you can continue to develop your skills, we would like to hear from you. Suffice to say, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with your experience and will provide appropriate training to assist you in achieving your goals.