Assistant Merchandise Planner
Wyevale Garden Centres has a fantastic job opportunity for an Assistant Merchandise Planner to join our merchandising team.
This is a great time to join Wyevale Garden Centres, the largest plant and garden focussed retailer in the UK, operating 140 plus garden centres across the UK.
As well as the sale of core gardening and associated retail offerings, Wyevale Garden Centres has diversified into a number of other areas such as onsite restaurants.
You will be responsible for getting the right stock for a specified category at the right place at the right time thereby implementing the forward plan and enabling Wyevale Garden Centres to provide an enticing product selection for customers whilst meeting commercial ambitions.
Key job responsibilities:
- Providing strong merchandising support to ensure that the department is running smoothly
- Working closely with suppliers and ordering the correct quantity of stock at the right place at the right time
- Monitoring stock availability and investigating and responding to variances against plan making recommendations for action so as to make sure that stock forecasts are met
- Collaborating with trading colleagues making sure that the product lines are ordered and available at the right time thereby making sure that forward plans are fully implemented
- Preparing and providing analysis for Monday trading
- Assisting in building balanced ranges to ensure that the business meets stock, Sales and profit
- Produce weekly sales analysis, analysing best and worst sales etc.
- Keeping abreast of market trends and customer buying habits within the gardening and leisure industries
- Understand the importance of range and trade planning
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to negotiate with suppliers
- Data analytical skills
- The ability to work in a team
- Able to prioritise work load
- A keen eye for detail
- Commercial awareness
What we offer:
As well as a glorious drive or walk (we’re just down the Road from Syon Lane station) through Syon Park each morning we have a range of benefits to reward those who look after our customers so well.
- 25 days holiday a year
- 50% off most restaurant items
- 30% off most garden centre products
- A relaxed, smart casual dress code working environment
- A number of social and charity events throughout the year
- Other benefits include pension scheme, life assurance, flexible working hours and ample free parking
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77468986