Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior DevOps Engineer
City of London
£45,000 - £55,000 per annum
Founded in 2000 and with offices across Europe and the United States, Vibrant Media?s global platform delivers native advertising at scale by connecting consumers in real time with engaging content and brand experiences cross-platform reaching more than 300 million unique users per month (comScore 2014) across billions of page impressions. Delivered directly off of words, images & video within desktop and mobile native environments, Vibrant?s solutions are designed to be viewable, relevant and engaging. Vibrant works with many AdAge Top 100 Brands such as Hewlett Packard, Microsoft, P&G, Sainsbury?s and Unilever.
At Vibrant we think advertising should work smarter, not just harder to get your attention. We know that the best advertising talks to a user when the message is relevant to the user and the context in which the user is currently engaged.
Vibrant Media is seeking to employ a full time Senior DevOps Engineer based in our London office to support and maintain mission critical Linux production systems.
The successful candidate will have six or more years working as an operations engineer or technical architect in a multi-site internet business, working with a production infrastructure that is held to 24 x 7 operational times. It is essential that the candidate can demonstrate they have excellent knowledge as follows.
We are looking for a person with strong communication skills, excellent analytical and technical skills. This role may lead some projects within a team or work alone; in both scenarios, elegant solutions in a timely manner would be expected so the ability to give and receive feedback is critical.
- Design infrastructure solutions working with systems and development team members
- Can balance both business needs and technical requirements to ensure smooth delivery
- Able to perform in a 'DevOps' role, designing and implementing operationally-focused systems tools
- Technical report writing and documenting
- Estimation and budgeting for provisioning services
- Mentoring junior staff
- Excellent systems experience covering both Windows and Linux (Ubuntu)
- Good virtualisation knowledge including KVM and Hyper-V
- Extensive AWS Cloud experience
- Systems automation experience using a combination of puppet and various scripting techniques
- Understanding of Java passed web technologies (e.g. Tomcat) and their development processes
- Experience with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins
- Knowledge of Mesos/Marathon clustering and experience with Docker
- Advanced TCP/IP networking knowledge, including routing, load balancing, firewalls, and troubleshooting
- Understanding of BGP, OSPF, VLANs
- Strongly self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills
- Communicate effectively with technical team members to resolve infrastructure issues.
Nice- to- haves
- Scripting in Shell, Perl, Ruby, Python or similar languages
- Knowledge of Juniper ScreenOS products
- Knowledge of Brocade load balancing and routing products
- Management of Nginx, Bind, DHCP, Syslog, NTP
- Knowledge of Zookeeper and Kafka
- Management of Nagios, Cacti
- Experience with Active Directory, Exchange, Lync, Office365
- Understanding of 3PAR SAN and Brocade fibre-channel technologies
The role is based in our London office, by Cannon Street and Mansion House stations. There is the possibility of some remote working for part of the week.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959461150