Carpenters are a leading provider claims services to the insurance industry and their customers and our range of services extends from receiving a notification of cracked windscreen at one end of the spectrum to the conduct of a multi million pound catastrophic injury claim at the other. Carpenters are a well established modern law firm. It is an exciting time to join a professional dynamic and progressive firm which provides endless opportunities for development and progression.
We are currently looking for an experienced Payroll Officer to join our team in Birkenhead. We offer a competitive salary with a good benefits package.
If you are looking for new opportunity and have payroll experience then read on and click to apply ....
- To take responsibility for the delivery of efficient and accurate Payroll processes
- Ensure compliance in terms of minimum wage, pensions auto enrolment, Tax and NI and HMRC Submissions
- Maintains payroll information by directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data
- Producing reports for a variety of departments with various levels of details
- Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers.
- Pays employees by directing the production of pay checks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, and non-taxable wages. Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Provides payroll information by answering staff questions and requests.
- Complies with all UK and HMRC legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on action required.
- Setting up new members of staff on the payroll system Calculating any statutory payments Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential Provide support for budgeting and forecasting
Experience and Knowledge
- Payroll processing experience of at least 1 year
- Experience of manually working out tax and N.I contributions
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to establish a good working relationship with customers and fellow colleagues
- Able to prioritise tasks
NB: We offer a competitive salary here at Carpenters and will obtain your salary expectation after discussing the role and progressing your application.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77429238