Role: Finance Assistant (Junior Level)
Location: Leicester LE4
Salary: £16-18k DOE
Hours: Monday ? Thursday 8.30am to 5pm ? Friday 8.30am to 15.45pm.
Are you are looking for an opportunity to further develop your accounting experience and be part of a busy accounts department, working for a dynamic company that will support your development?
Immediate start is available for the right Candidate!
This is a junior level role covering the following:
- Raise sales invoices via the internal systems/SAGE accounts system and keep accurate customer records.
- Deal with any issues that may arise from the invoices.
- Ensure that all worksheets are invoiced in a timely manner with the correct paperwork.
- Post or email invoices as required by customers.
- Liaise and deal with the branch managers with regards payments and paperwork.
- Raise credit notes on SAGE when required.
- Assist with general account tasks as and when required by your manager.
- Raising and allocation of purchase orders.
- Accurate coding and posting of the purchase orders & invoices to SAGE.
- Liaise with the suppliers on invoice queries.
- Produce an accurate and timely weekly & monthly payment run.
- Reconcile supplier statements.
- Reconcile invoices with delivery notes.
- Process credit card payments taken over the telephone.
- Strictly adhere to all Health and Safety procedures and ensure that the working environment is practical for both yourself and others
- And any other reasonable duties commensurate with the post, which may be allocated from time to time.
- Only candidates with 1 years? experience or more need apply.
Responsibilities and Duties
Assisting with Sales and Purchase ledger duties: Collating and creating sales invoices, dealing with queries, posting receipts to ledger, taking card payments over the phone and any other adhoc duties when required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 1 year working in a finance department.
- Basic understanding of sales /purchase ledger duties
- Email & Outlook
- Experience of working with SAGE.
- A good understanding of Excel & Word.
- Methodical approach to working.
- Flexible approach to daily duties.
- Ability to work as an individual, with the minimum of supervision.
- Team player.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive if you have not heard from us within 7 days then your application has been unsuccessful.
Flowers Associates is an equal opportunities employment consultancy for both temporary and permanent positions in Finance and Accountancy, Procurement and Supply Chain, Sales and Marketing, Human Resource and Office Support, Administration, Customer Services and Call Centre.
Please refer to our website for more opportunities.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959451165