Mechanical/Design Engineer - Water/Waste water
Mechanical/Design Engineer - 49762
We are looking for a Mechanical/Design Engineer with experience of the Water/Waste Water & the detail below.
We have a vacancy for a Mechanical Engineer to join our design team delivering infrastructure projects including utilities, wastewater treatment, pumping, water supply, treatment and transfer systems and building services work. Working in a multidisciplinary team undertaking design, bid preparation, specification and tender preparation, site asset surveys, energy efficiency green development strategies as well as supervisory roles on construction sites. Providing support and design coordination for MEICA aspects of projects as well as assisting the NEC Project Manager. There are significant long term opportunities with career progression for the right person.
Reporting to Project Managers to deliver infrastructure projects including water and waste water infrastructure including:
- Representing clients throughout the planning, design, procurement, construction and commissioning of projects
- Preparation of feasibility studies, option appraisals, cost plans and business cases
- Site asset surveys
- Mechanical design, specification and tender preparation
- Liaison with operations and maintenance staff
- Ensuring compliance with current industry standards
- Supporting site based management staff, with respect to monitoring progress against programme
- Attending and minuting design and progress meetings
- Working to meet Health and Safety and overall project quality objectives
The ideal candidate will be confident, articulate and possess excellent written and oral communication skills with a desire to progress in the field of Mechanical Engineering and undertake additional job-specific training. Someone with water sector knowledge and experience, who is approachable, flexible and keen to work as part of an existing team on a wide range of projects to differing project specifications.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree qualified Mechanical Engineer
- Chartered or near Chartered Engineer with IMechE
- Over 5 years' post graduate experience
- Understanding of mechanical design within the water industry (both wastewater and clean water structure)
- Carry out mechanical design and hydraulic calculations
- Understanding of pumping systems and pump selection
- Health and Safety, DSEAR and HAZOP requirements
- P&IDs, mechanical specifications, general, outline and detailed system design drawings
- CPD development within the water and mechanical sectors
- MS Office Proficient
- A full driving licence
- Telemetry and SCADA data acquisition systems
- Pump control using PID control of VSDs
- HV, pumping, power generation and CHP
- Involvement within SRB, CSR and CPD activities IMechE
- Water and waste water process design and MEICA inputs
- Building services experience sector including HVAC, potable water systems, fire suppression systems, Part L of the building regulations
- Experience in NEC3 Project Management
- Programming (MS Project or similar)
- Working AutoCAD knowledge
Capita Real Estate Infrastructure is one of the UKs largest multifaceted consultancies, delivering property and infrastructure projects on a local, national and international scale. We have over 4,000 staff at 50+ offices in the UK and internationally, offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of its size, complexity or sector.
We do much more than simply delivering projects; we design, manage and partner. We focus on building strategic relationships with our clients - delivering a comprehensive service across their portfolio and optimising the benefits of continuous improvement in design quality, efficiency, cost reduction and knowledge retention. We support them at all stages of a project or programme, and our understanding of the key risks and challenges means that we direct effort where it is most needed.
We are well renowned for delivering Project Management Services and Procurement Expertise on Water & Wastewater, Leisure, Health and Building Projects. Over 20 years we have retained and grown a portfolio of Public and Private Sector Clients.
If you are an Mechanical/Design Engineer, have the experience required above & are looking for a permanent role with a future, please apply & I will contact you asap. Thank you. Ali/Number 8 Resourcing Ltd
Please don't apply if you don't meet the experience required!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959458984