Field Service Engineer (Fire & Security)
JA271 - Field Service Technician
The successful Field Service Technician will carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), Reactive Maintenance and extra works/emergencies in accordance with the contract requirements on Fire & Security Systems. Will focus on the expected team behaviours for achieving significant results and outcomes for the business, helping the company to maintain its leading-edge status within the industry and our reputation with our customers.
* To carry out PPM in accordance with set schedules, ensuring engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of the Fire & Security Systems.
* Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements.
* To ensure onsite Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects and to maintain accurate records/documentation associated with the Fire & Security Systems.
* To respond in a prompt and effective manner to all relevant reactive maintenance issues, and help desk requests.
* To co-ordinate initial actions associated with all requests from the client.
* To co-ordinate visiting specialist sub-contractors associated with Fire & Security Systems aspects of the PPM schedules.
* To respond to call outs and cover breakdowns and emergencies associated with the contract as required.
* Fault diagnosis associated with the PPM or Reactive maintenance of the site.
* Assist other trades as necessary.
* Manage workload and prioritise jobs appropriately
* To provide reports in relation to work and equipment as required.
* To undertake miscellaneous duties as requested by the Client.
* To proactively work towards the growth of the contract into other service provisions be they System Upgrades, Like for Like replacements, Project works, etc
Qualifications and Experience:
The knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience relevant to the position are:
* Fire & Security Apprenticeship (or recognised equivalent)
* Health and Safety Training
* GCSE (or 'O' Level equivalent) passes in Maths and English or recognised equivalent
* Industry experience with similar maintenance duties including fault diagnosis, rectification and preventative tasks
* City & Guilds Part 3 (Electrical Installation 2360) or recognised equivalent
* Experience in IT & Networking
* Supervisory experience for future development
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959449351