Practice Accountant - Old Street, Central London
A fantastic opportunity to work at a highly regarded and established Chartered Accountancy Practice located near Old Street in Central London. The firm is in the top 100 and has been fully established since the 1880's.
My client is a well-established 8 partner chartered accountancy practice based in Central London who are looking for a strong Management Accountant or Practice Accountant to strengthen their friendly & established team.
Even though this role in for a large top 100 firm, the Accounts department is a close knit team of 16 accountants and managers who love going out on lunches together or for a drink on a Friday after work.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary and ACCA study support, along with a fun, fast paced working environment to develop and progress in.
Roles & Responsibilities of the Practice Accountant role in Old Street, Central London:
- Preparation of monthly or quarterly management accounts to client requirements
- Undertake bookkeeping for a variety of clients; inputting data and processing payments as required
- Maintain the sales, purchase and general ledgers for a variety of clients
- Complete VAT returns for allocated clients
- Apply appropriate tax codes, liaising with client and HMRC as required
- Liaise with other departments such as Payroll and Tax
The ideal candidate for this Practice Accountant Role in Old Street, Central London will:
- Be either AAT fully qualified or ACCA part qualified
- Have 2 years practice experience, and be currently working in practice
- Confident in management accounts, bookkeeping and VAT
- Looking to work in a fun, dynamic and hardworking team
- Hold excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Able to work closely within a small team as well as liaising with other departments
What's on offer?
- Competitive salary depending on experience, ranging from £26,000 - £38,000
- ACCA study package offered
- Working hours 09:15 - 17:30
- 20 days holiday, plus bank holidays (looking to extend by 3 days in the near future)
- Friendly and inclusive working environment
- Social element, work lunches and drinks
- Summer hours - Able to start earlier in the summer and half days on Fridays
- Company pension scheme
Aston Tate Semi Senior refer a friend scheme
Do you know a Semi Senior Accountant or someone who may be suitable for this role? Should you introduce a candidate to Aston Tate who we subsequently place, we will send you a £250 retail gift voucher!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959458824