Systems Engineering Manager - Maritime Autonomous Systems
Job Title: Systems Engineering Manager
Location: Templecombe - some infrequent travel may required. This site has free parking and is also 5 minutes walk from Templecombe train station.There is also a nursery about 1 minute walk from the site.
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 37 per week with some flexibility if required
Salary: Negotiable + benefits including annual bonus, private medical for yourself and partner, pension, 201 hours annual leave per annum, annual pay review, life assurance and health insurance.
As the European number one in defence electronics and the world number two in defence radio communications, Thales is a leading name in the global defence and security markets. In addition to equipping over 40 naval forces across the globe, we have a proud 125-year heritage here in the UK. Today that is represented in our key role delivering the Queen Elizabeth Class aircraft carrier and our provision of advanced radio equipment to all of the Royal Navy's surface combatants.
The Systems Engineering team based at Templecombe carry out Systems Engineering activities covering the full lifecycle for Mine Warfare Sonar, including the growing area of remote and autonomous systems. A vacancy has arisen for an experienced Systems Engineering Manager to lead the Maritime Autonomous Systems (MAS) engineering activities in the new and developing MAS business.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
The role may include, but not be limited to the following activities:
- Generate and maintain systems engineering work package agreements.
- Generate and maintain systems engineering management plans.
- Execute systems engineering activities to budget and schedule including management and oversight of lower-level engineering work packages.
- Generate systems engineering schedules and monthly updates to reflect progress.
- Identify systems risks and manage mitigation actions providing monthly status updates.
- Support the generation of the Integration, Verification, Validation and Qualification Plan.
- Produce monthly reports on the progress, issues and decisions associated with the engineering aspects of each project including dashboard reporting.
- Organise change review boards associated with the systems activities.
- Produce engineering metrics in accordance with project requirements.
- Organise all mandated systems reviews.
- Organise and allocate work to the Systems Engineers working in these projects.
- Support to the preparation of system engineering estimates for bids.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Proven engineering management experience.
- Strong analytical abilities with a methodical approach.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to team members, Design Authorities and varying levels of senior management.
- Relevant systems engineering experience in the defence industry (typically complex systems with software content).
- Knowledge of the complete system engineering lifecycle.
- Experience of planning system engineering activities
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in engineering or relevant scientific discipline.
- Ideally used DOORS.
If you are looking for an Engineering Management role in which you can really make an impact in a new business area then this would be ideal for you.
Together We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss with your Resourcing Business partner.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959466415