Senior Java Engineer
Senior Java Engineer
City of London
£50,000-£60,000 per annum
Founded in 2000 and with offices across Europe and the United States, Vibrant Media?s global platform delivers native advertising at scale by connecting consumers in real time with engaging content and brand experiences cross-platform reaching more than 300 million unique users per month (comScore 2014) across billions of page impressions. Delivered directly off of words, images & video within desktop and mobile native environments, Vibrant?s solutions are designed to be viewable, relevant and engaging. Vibrant works with many AdAge Top 100 Brands such as Hewlett Packard, Microsoft, P&G, Sainsbury?s and Unilever.
At Vibrant we think advertising should work smarter, not just harder to get your attention. We know that the best advertising talks to a user when the message is relevant to the user and the context in which the user is currently engaged.
The Java Engineer has technical ownership of our ad-serving platform.
We build low latency platforms for sourcing and serving contextual advertising in real-time scaling to thousands of requests per second. Whether it?s for categorising content using semantic and text mining algorithms, talking to multiple 3rd party APIs and programmatic RTB networks efficiently, developing algorithms to score and select the right adverts, building efficient caching mechanisms to improve efficiency or simply orchestrating the processing pipeline across a micro services architecture we use cutting edge technology in our stack and are always interested in the latest technologies and algorithms.
The successful candidate will report to the CTO and will prioritise work in 2 week sprints using deadlines established by product owners, but you will be actively involved in these decisions before and during sprint planning.
- Managing your team?s progress (backlog, issues)
- Systems and Software Architecture & Design
- Encouraging good development practices, code reviews, devops
- No shrinking violets, you will operate across the business representing your team
- We want you to innovate, experiment with your ideas, prove/disprove their worth
You will have solid experience of leading and developing projects/systems, with a desire to inspire teams, mentor others and suggest new/different technologies and approaches to problems. You need to be flexible, adaptive, someone who has ideas/vision and is willing to voice them.
It is essential you can demonstrate an excellent working knowledge in the following areas:
- 3-4 years of Java and Node.js experience (we use both extensively)
- Agile methodology (SCRUM / Kanban)
- Clear and confident written and verbal communicator in English, able to explain issues and requirements to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proficient at writing and optimising SQL queries (ideally MySQL)
- Messaging platforms, preferably Kafka
- Bachelors or advanced degree in a numerical/scientific discipline (e.g. Maths, Physics) unless you?re mature and amazing so it makes no difference
The following skills are also considered an advantage in this role:
- Experience in the ad-tech sector, RTB systems, DMPs
- Experience with text mining / NLP concepts, clustering/classifier algorithms and frameworks
- Developing low latency, high scale systems
- Test-Driven Development
- Devops ? your team pushes code so own the deployment, verification and performance tracking
- Hands-on experience with deep learning frameworks, eg. TensorFlow, Theano, Caffe 2, CNTK etc.
The role is based in our London office, by Cannon Street and Mansion House stations. There is the possibility of some remote working for part of the week.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959461204