Installation Engineer ATM
On behalf of NCR ? Rapid Resource are looking for 2 Engineers to join and support our existing teams in our Staging Warehouse and Installation role.
About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. NCR?s assisted- and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, hospitality, gaming, public sector, telecom carrier and equipment organizations in more than 100 countries.
About the Role:
This duties for this role will be approximately divided between 70% installation and 30% staging.
- For installation duties, working hours are varied and will require a willingness to work OOH. In a team of 2 and with appropriate machinery to aid, you will be asked to load a Van with an ATM machine and drive that Van to the work site to set up installation ? any location up to 150 miles one way. This may require early starts to arrive at NCR?s Warehouse and then travel to the work site in sufficient time. A typical installation will be roughly four hours minus travel time.
- For staging duties, hours are typically standardized to 08:00 ? 16:00. Duties will primarily be involved in dissecting ATM?s, replacing components and refurbishment.
- Regardless of which type of work is required for any given day, a 40 hour week is guaranteed as pay. Additional hours to be paid as overtime. During busy periods, please note that a willingness to work extra hours will be required.
- Candidates have to be within 30 minutes travel time from NCR?s Birmingham site to be considered for the role and ability to start training within 2 weeks notice.
Whilst Staging duties will primarily be based at our Staging Warehouse, Holford Way, Birmingham B6 7AX you may be required to work out of any of our operational locations (Decom @ B46 1JU, Refurb @ B69 4JL and Staging B6 7AX).
- Full Training will be given
- Assist with hardware installation of NCR's ATMs.
- Operate handheld tools and machinery as assistance in transferring ATM?s onto a Van to be transported back and forth from work site.
- Strong communicational skills and ?can do attitude? towards tasked given
- Ability to work well within in a team
- Excellent problem solving skills: can find solutions to issues that are not expected
- Full driving license and willingness to travel up to 150 miles one way in a provided Van
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office suite; Experience on Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 7 operating systems required
- A successful pre-screening employment assessment is necessary prior for work at NCR or Rapid (provided by Rapid).
- Flexibility to work OOH dependent on location of work site and overtime during busy periods
- Required to perform work on financial/ATM products; Make minor repairs and replace components.
- Responsible for testing of equipment; May also perform required modular swaps and unit replacements.
- Responsible for staging ATM?s to the required customer specification ready for deployment to assure continuity of customer operations and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to follow detailed written instructions.
Standard Operating Times are 08:00 to 16:00 Mon-Fri for Staging duties; however, Installation roles will require OOH work and flexibility.
- May require frequent prolonged travel, carrying and lifting a tool kit/parts of varying weights (1 - 20KG)
- May require bending/squatting, walking/standing/sitting for prolonged periods.
- Assuming cramped/unusual positions, reaching, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, bending, stooping and squatting.
- Function under stress and engage in interpersonal relations (i.e. heavy work load, potentially dissatisfied customers)
- Related experience of handling manual tools
- Related experience of travelling long distances for work
- Previous experience in NCR is a plus
- Engineering related qualifications
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959458946