Shift Maintenance Engineer
Job Title: Shift Maintenance Engineer
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Location: Leighton Buzzard
My client requires an experienced Shift Engineer to join their manufacturing team on a rotating double day shift, which is a 6 days on, 3 days off shift pattern.
Main Objective of the Role
To provide an engineering maintenance and breakdown service for the manufacturing equipment.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Implementation of engineering work instructions and training documentation as and when require.
- Continuous improvement of all related production equipment to drive OEE up and above specified targets, and to reduce scrap to below specified targets.
- To ensure PPM is completed on time and all T-card systems are updated. Notification to be given to the Production Shift Manager when scheduled time lines are not met with reasons why.
- All spares used need to be logged on the T-card system and updated/re-ordered in suitable time.
- A high level of house keeping is required at all times, sufficient time should be allocated at the end of your shift to clean your working area and put all tools away in a professional manner.
- Investigation of reoccurring faults and follow up action is essential, the engineer has the responsibility to send equipment back to manufactures for analysis and repair.
- To log all major breakdowns per shift on the maintenance fault log.
- Ensure a high level of health and safety is adhered to at all time's leading by example.
- To communicate with department Shift Managers or deputies and prioritise work loads in times of multiple breakdowns.
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar role.
- Technical awareness of manufacturing, including detailed understanding of moulding, tooling, robotics, assembly and PLC programming.
- Proven analytical and decision making skills
- Computer literate
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959458911