Financial Modelling Analyst - renewable energy valuations
Financial Modelling Analyst - renewable energy valuations. London. U.K Base salary, range £30,000 - £40,000 plus discretionary bonus and benefits.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious financial modeller to join a successful investment firm acquiring and managing a broad range of renewable energy projects.
We're looking for a high calibre modeller with experience of working in renewable energy or infrastructure valuations to join a successful, busy team working in the heart of London.
You'll be supporting the investment team assess the economic viability of a range of renewable energy transactions, in the UK and abroad.
The main responsibilities for the position include:
Under the guidance of the modelling team the role will assist in developing template models to allow for quick economic project evaluation where possible; Perform relevant financial analysis and assist in presenting findings to key stakeholders within Low Carbon; Perform sensitivity analysis and review sensitivity results from financial models
The role will assist in the development and implementation of financial and valuation models at the development, construction and operational stage of a project's life cycle. Numerous technologies and projects will be modelled.
Assist the Modelling team in the development of financial tools to analyse project performance, progress and viability. Assist in identifying key business drivers and in performing variance analysis for operational projects; Assist in designing the annual budget templates and long term planning process, including periodic re-forecasting; Assist in building a fully integrated financial model from which the business will be monitored and analysed
Assist in developing and adjusting third party models on bids, investments and deals when required
Prepare, maintain and update financial forecasts to reflect actual results on a quarterly basis
Prepare management presentations using financial models to support the investment team in decision making
We expect the ideal candidate to have the following attributes:
- Minimum 1 years' experience in valuations modelling within an energy / infrastructure / capital intensive environment would be beneficial
- Strong Excel & PowerPoint
- Some experience of Excel macros would be beneficial
- Have a 'hands on' approach, visible across the business with good communication and other interpersonal skills. Be an enthusiastic and committed team player who will work well with business leaders, investors, potential investors, banks, third parties and across the Finance community
- Fluent English and able to work in London without VISA support.
- Educated to degree level with relevant post-graduate qualifications.
- Current residents in London are strongly preferred, as is experience of living and working in London.
Competitive base salary, c. range £30,000 - £40,000 plus discretionary bonus and benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959462320