Data Management Analyst
Data Management Analyst (Banking) ? £Market Rate + Benefits ? Reading
?A superb opportunity to join a rapidly growing Financial Services Company.?
Our Financial Services client is looking for a Data Management Analyst. This is a truly exciting time to be joining our client as they are undergoing a period of massive growth and transformation. You will be joining the newly created Data Management team and will be involved with the implementation of Data Governance, setting the business definitions of all data, establishing and maintaining quality standards and identifying the definitive sources of data.
Data is core to our client: the data that customers have entrusted the Bank with needs to be managed with care and respect to ensure its accuracy, completeness, and usability. Data, therefore, has strategic and tactical importance and should be treated as an asset which must be managed and leveraged for maximum return. The Data Management team are responsible for ensuring that our data asset is reliable, understood, useful and trusted for all to use ? for customer, operational, management and analytical purposes.
Working with The Head of Data Governance and Data Management and Data Stewards and other Subject Matter Experts across the Bank, the Data Management Analyst plays a pivotal role in proactive data curation data ensuring that we proactively understand, document cleanse and remediate our data asset in line with the bank?s policies, standards and procedures.
- Metadata - Assist the Head of Data Governance and Data Management in the creation and maintenance of a common data language. Support data definition and standardisation and publish key data-related information i.e. terms, definitions, formulas, synonyms, criticality, sensitivity, custodians, source of record, business rules for data cleansing, data model associations, data mapping.
- Data Quality - Support Data Governance in the definition, standardisation, measurement, monitoring & continuous improvement in the quality of critical data elements. Generation of Data Quality reports and initiation of remedial activity with Data Stewards and Subject Matter Experts as necessary.
- Master Data - Assist the Head of Data Governance and Data Management in the definition, standardisation and maintenance views of the reference data across the enterprise, such as customer and product.
- Project Activities ? Assist other members of the Aldermore team as necessary in the delivery of data transformation initiatives.
- Exposure to complex data environments, ideally with knowledge of Metadata
- Prior experience of working across Data Management / Governance environments to ensure the continued improvement of critical data across the organisation
- Knowledge of definition, standardisation and maintenance of both customer and product reference data
- Knowledge of working on and maintaining Data Dictionaries
- Experience in creating and maintaining robust and accurate data quality reporting across the organisation
- Experienced in building cross departmental relationships - specifically with Compliance, Finance, Enterprise Security and Technology
- Proven ability in driving transformational data activities
- Can collaborate and influence across the organisation
- Attention to detail
- Data literate - ability to analyse data using simple tools such as Excel
- Experience within the Financial Services industries would be advantageous.
In return a Competitive, Market Rate compensation package including very generous benefits is available
For more information send your CV or call Mike to discuss your experience.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959452586