Junior Developer - Training Scheme
Junior Developer - Training Scheme
£Competitive Plus Benefits including Bonus, Flexible Working Hours, 25 Days? Holiday + Day Off on Birthday
OVO Energy is leading a new generation of energy providers with a fresh outlook and a unique way of doing business. We believe in creating a brighter future and doing right by our customers.
We?ve been featured in Wired magazine for developing software that shatters the status quo. Now, we?re looking for a Junior Developer to undertake excellent training, work with an inspiring team and build their career with us.
As a Junior Developer, you will:
- Attend a bespoke training course, starting in the last week of January 2018
- Engage with other Developers at the early stages of their career to build your skills to enable you to succeed
- Benefit from continuous development and hands-on experience
- Learn from a team of diverse talent which includes Engineering, Design and Product Managers
You?ll also have the chance to get stuck in and gain hands-on experience with the following technologies:
- Scala and some in-depth knowledge of functional programming and how to use it
- Kafka and the design principles around micro-services and event driven design
- Akka to further deepen your knowledge of message-driven applications
- AWS, so you can ship everything you have created quickly and easily
- CircleCI and testing strategies (TDD, BDD) to fully enable continuous deployment
Interested? To start your journey with OVO, you?ll need:
- To be a backend engineer with at least 18 months? hands-on experience of building distributed systems in a multi-language environment
- Commercial experience with functional programming or a demonstrated desire to learn
- Experience with REST and asynchronous event driven programming
- Previous experience with CI, and ideally CD
- Experience of driving automation across build, test and release processes
- A degree level qualification, ideally at grade 2:1 or above, in computer science or equivalent
We would be interested in a further conversation with you if you have experience as a Junior Backend Engineer, Trainee Backend Engineer, Junior Backend Software Engineer, Trainee Software Engineer, Junior Back End Engineer, Trainee Software Application Engineer, Software Developer or Application Developer.
What?s in it for you?
- Grow and develop with help and guidance from Engineers who have built a community
- Join a business that?s in the Sunday Times? top 20 list of the best companies to work for
- Work within a flat structure (so any of our Engineers can lead any project and contribute ideas across the whole business)
- Work as part of a team who?ve mastered the art of hangouts and VC to ensure that everyone has a voice
- A clearly defined career path
- Open plan office in Notting Hill
- A great range of modern and retro video games, as well as table tennis
- Free breakfast every day and lunch on Fridays
- Lots of social events
Webrecruit and OVO Energy are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of Junior Developer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959443293