Pre-Sales Solutions Architect
A leading Cloud and IT managed services provider are looking for a Solutions Architect.
Pre-Sales Solutions Architect
Location: Mix of Office (Cambridgeshire), Home and Customer sites
Salary: £50k to £60k + £6k car allowance + bonus
A leading Cloud and IT managed services provider with extensive partnerships with leading technology vendors such as Microsoft, Nutanix, VMware, NetApp and Citrix.
About the Role
The Pre-Sales Solutions Architect provides design services and thought leadership to existing and potential customers.
The Pre-Sales Solutions Architect is focused on technical pre-sales, whilst commercial awareness and an understanding of competitive solutions is required.
A Solutions Architect is expected to maintain broad IT knowledge and demonstrate subject matter expertise in Cloud and Data Centre related solutions
The Solutions Architect is the key conduit between the Sales and Delivery organisations and must balance the needs of both to ensure the best outcomes can be achieved for both the business and its customers.
- Broaden the scope of engagement by understanding the customers' business, existing IT estate and market trends to identify appropriate solutions to drive product and managed service revenue
- Build and nurture relationships on multiple levels within the client portfolio including where appropriate white-boarding presentations or workshops to inform technology roadmaps and designs
- Build and maintain good relationships with key partners; attend and support vendor and joint events including delivering breakout or round-table sessions on relevant topics
- Assist the Sales Team in developing their understanding and knowledge of technology to identify and qualify new opportunities
- Mitigate risk by ensuring the recommended solutions are fit for purpose and complementary to existing solutions and within our capability
- As an individual or as part of a team, supply detailed design solutions based on standardised components from the our portfolio to facilitate efficient delivery
- Liaise with appropriate teams to deliver a concise accurate solution or technical advice that is best able to meet the clients' business needs
- Play a prominent role in responding to RFIs, RFPs, ITTs etc.
- Assist the company to grow its annuity income stream by maximising all potential annuity opportunities
- Champion new and innovative technologies that provide good market opportunity
- Utilise standard templates, document repositories and processes in the production of pre-sales collateral, providing feedback to assist with continuous improvement of internal processes, templates and procedures
- Demonstrable experience (5 years+) in IT in a design or consultative capacity
- Proven infrastructure design capabilities (HLD and LLD)
- Experience of IT Managed Services and associated frameworks such as ITIL
- Domain knowledge of Cloud solutions and best practices
- Domain knowledge of SANs, Enterprise, Networking
- Recognised vendor accreditation's with vendors such as (Azure) Microsoft, Nutanix, VMware, NetApp and Citrix.
- Experience of security products, solutions and regulatory / compliance requirements
- Business analysis skills to understand and expand customer requirements
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to adapt to current technologies to requirements, and where necessary
- Possess a broad range of skills from traditional OS and application, and networks, storage and interoperability
- Proven customer service skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, written, white board and PowerPoint)
- Ability to take ownership of and progress issues to resolution and work under pressure
- Ability to work in a team and to support team members
- Ability to build good working relationships with internal and external contacts
Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959458835