Junior Merchandiser - Monsoon
Looking to join a global retailer who values people? Then look no further. We are committed to developing our people, last year we made numerous promotions across the business and raised over £500K through our Monsoon Charity Trust. We have a strong brand with many talented people in the business along with a loyal customer base who knows our heritage. We put people first and pride ourselves in attracting, developing, retaining and inspiring our talent.
What will you be doing as a Junior Merchandiser?
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Merchandiser to join the Monsoon team. It is a really exciting time for Monsoon; we have made significant progress over the last year in developing our product range and we have some fantastic projects planned for the year ahead.
As a Junior Merchandiser, you will be working on the highest profile department for the Monsoon brand, Casualwear and Occasionwear, reporting directly to a Senior Merchandiser. You will be given ownership for certain product categories but will have the opportunity to work across the whole department, in close partnership with the Buying and Design teams. You will lead and coach the Assistant Merchandisers across the floor, so previous experience of managing a team is essential.
This role would be ideally suited to an existing Junior Merchandiser, or an established Assistant Merchandiser who has ownership for an area and is working closely with Buying and Design teams. We are looking for someone with experience of working within a design led fashion brand and the ambition to develop in their Merchandising career.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Driving sales and profit growth helping us to maximize the profile and effectiveness of our brand. Controlling and managing the planning & budgeting process for your own product areas.
- Planning and trading product by developing effective merchandise and range plans.
- Devising appropriate sales strategy in line with trading conditions and business objectives, in order to maximize sales whilst protecting margin and profit.
- Ensuring in-season activity delivers planned sales, margin and terminal stock targets.
- Working alongside the Buying and Design teams, driving the business strategy forward.
- Managing the team, coaching and developing them to enable them to maximize their potential.
- Using your strong analytical and decision making skills to identify commercially viable approaches in order to maximize business performance.
What you will need to succeed in this role?
- Previous Merchandising experience within a design led Fashion brand on a Clothing department, either as a Junior Merchandiser or an established Assistant Merchandiser with ownership for trading certain areas
- A commercial and strategic outlook
- Proven experience of planning & trading
- Experience of managing and developing a team
- Strong systems knowledge, with advanced Excel skills
What are we like to work for?
If you're ambitious, Monsoon Accessorize is a great place to be. We're still growing which means there are more opportunities than ever before. We're also committed to developing our talent. Last year we made numerous promotions across the company. This year promises to be no exception.
You will enjoy a fantastic benefits package which includes an amazing discount across our brands, up to 23 days holiday, pension, life assurance and an interest free season ticket card loan. We also provide a great range of Voluntary benefits with external companies that you can take advantage of such as amazing discounts and the opportunity to ride a tax free bike to work to name a few!
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77474743