Engine Performance Development Senior Engineer - Motorcycles
An opportunity has become available for a Senior Engine Performance Development Engineer to join a global engineering consultancy who employs over 3000 consultants around the globe.
Based in Shoreham, you will work with industry recognised experts to deliver cutting edge engineering solutions.You will be rewarded with a salary ranging from £38,000 to £45,000 per year and benefits packages.
The successful Senior Project Engineer will take an active part in an existing Engine Performance Development Function for a Motorcycles/Gasoline Engine consultancy. A certain amount of business travel can be expected including customer meetings occasional on-site development support. In particular there is the opportunity to work closely - on-site if necessary - with our Motorcycle teams in the UK, Italy and Germany.
Working as part of a highly skilled and potentially multi-national team you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Engine performance strategy definition and development, target setting and benchmarking
- Engine combustion system and air path development (simulation, testbed and vehicle)
- Development of base engine performance
- Engine aftertreatment development
- Advanced technology demonstrator vehicle development
The ideal person would have the following:
- Have a proven track record in performance and emissions development of motorcycle engines
- Practitioner knowledge of - Fundamentals of gasoline combustion and emissions formation, Combustion system specification for both naturally-aspirated and boosted engines, with direct-injection and port-fuel injection
- Base engine performance and emissions hardware development
- Key gasoline engine technologies, including variable valvetrains, boosting systems (turbochargers & superchargers), fuel systems, ignition systems and emissions control technology
- Specification & interpretation of engine simulation studies (1-D and 3-D)
- A proven track record in work package and project leadership, including programme and resource planning
- Demonstrated ability to work with different cultures
- Have an Engineering Degree and proven expertise in engine performance development within and OEM, Tier 1 supplier or Consultancy
- The candidate will also demonstrate diligence, professionalism, a focus on delivery and the ability to work effectively in a team environment. Excellent communication skills are expected as the role will be significantly customer facing (internal and external customers). The candidate will be expected to liaise with customers on a regular basis and present the technical status of their projects.
For further information please contact Teresa Anderson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959461802