Test Automation Engineer
Version 1 are one of Europe?s fastest growing IT Service providers and we are on a mission to prove that IT can make a real difference to our customers? business. We have gone through high level of growth over the last two decades and we are continuing to grow and develop year on year. Version 1 places an emphasis on customer satisfaction and on individual employee engagement, growth and empowerment. With new strategic business wins and continued partnerships with our customers we are further expanding our team and we are looking for a talented and passionate Test Automation Engineer to join us.
As the Test Automation Engineer you will be joining our team working with one of our largest customers as they undertake a large scale, enterprise wide Cloud Migration. You will be responsible for defining the scope of this migration (which is to an AWS Platform), designing the test strategy, planning and execution. You will be joining a team of delivery managers, architects, developers and other test engineers who will all be focused on delivering one of the largest pieces of work Version 1 has delivered in recent years. This role will put you in a highly visible team and give you the opportunity to further enhance your career and skills.
- Work with automated test tools and programming languages, in particular, Selenium, Behave and Python.
- Automation of both UI and Backend as required
- Manage and grow the current automated regression / CI test suite
- Participate proactively in daily stand-up meetings, story grooming sessions, team retrospectives, suggesting and implementing improvements
- Provide input into the Test Strategy / Test Plan documents
- Configuration of Test Environments and Test Data
- Drive product quality by capturing, escalating and pursuing resolution on defects
- Communicate test results, metrics and risk assessments to project stakeholders
- Clearly demonstrate root cause analysis, issue resolution, escalation and risk mitigation
Required Skills & Experience
- 3 - 5 years' experience in software testing
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience working on Cloud Migration projects, ideally with AWS
- Experience in writing feature files (Behave / Cucumber)
- Knowledge / experience in TDD / BDD
- Test automation skills and knowledge of automated test tools for online applications, specifically Selenium with Python
- Exposure to building and executing tests within an agile continuous integration environment
- Experience using CI/DevOps Tools ? GIT / Jenkins etc.
- Knowledge of the breadth of different types of testing such as System, Functional, Integration, Performance, Regression, Unit, Manual, and Automation.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959462601