Training Centre Support Assistant
Training Centre Support Assistant
Reporting to - Training Centre Manager
Location - Risby / Bury St Edmunds
Reference Number - 35482
Employment Period - Permanent
Contract Type - Collective
CiP Level / Bonus - 3%
Salary Range - £18,684 - £29,621 - Depending on experience
Closing Date - 17/11/2017
We also offer :
Annual leave 25 days rising with service
Personal Pension Plan ? Personal contribution rates of 3%, 4% or 5% (UK Power Networks will make a corresponding contribution of 6%, 8% or 10%)
Tenancy Loan Deposit scheme
Tax efficient benefits: cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers
Season ticket loan
Occupational Health support
Switched On ? scheme providing discount on hundreds of retailers products.
Supplier discounts, such as O2, EE, Vauxhall cars, Universal tyres
Discounted access to sports and social clubs
Employee Assistance Programme.
Reporting directly to the Training Centre Support Supervisor, the job holder is responsible for supporting the effective delivery of training needs across the business.
Responsible for supporting the co-ordination and scheduling of technical training for all UK Power Networks staff and contractors.
To ensure that the demand for training is met within the parameters of the training budget
- Provide support to ensure training is delivered in accordance with the technical and non technical training plan and that all training requests have received the necessary approval.
- Communicate with employees, managers and training providers on all training issues including providing advice and guidance as to which course is best suited to their needs.
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of training course information within the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Manage and support the SAD?s database ensuring all equipment is kept in date and submitted testing in a timely manor.
- Support the NRSWA and IOSH trainers with dealing with external bodies ensuring certificate and cards are submitted on time.
- Prepare and distribute training material to delegates.
- Prepare and distribute training material to support the Technical Training team.
- Support all functions across the Technical Training team.
- Undertake reception duties.
- Ensure training facilities are fit for purpose on a daily basis.
- Raising supplier P.Os and customer invoices.
- Develop strong relationships to build first a first class reputation with all key stakeholders including all staff, contractors and external providers.
Nature & Scope:
The Technical Training Team is part of the HSS and TT Directorate. The Head of Technical Training is responsible for the delivery of all technical training for the business.
The Training administration team are responsible supporting the wider training team ensuring that it is able to deliver training for the business and specific training for contractors. This position is for an additional resource in the Technical Training team to ensure it can deliver the predicted training demand increase associated with the recruitment forecast. The role is an ideal opportunity for those wishing to develop their skills and experience to further their career.
Skills/Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrate excellent communication and written skills, with relevant experience of dealing with business managers and third parties.
- Be able to negotiate, influence and mediate with managers and staff at all levels
- Ability to build relationships, to listen, be attentive to detailed information and translate it into viable, pragmatic solutions.
- Good interpersonal skills, displaying confidence and professionalism.
- Demonstrate organisational, multi tasking and time management skills.
- Demonstrate sound judgement and business awareness.
- High energy and personal drive, able to create impact and influence.
- Be flexible and be ready to adapt to ever-changing demands.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, SAP, SAD?s and LMS would be preferable.
- Organisational Awareness
- Relationship Building
- Ability to lead by example
- Team working and Co-operation
- Can do attitude
- Customer Service Orientation
- Commitment to safety
Health & Safety Responsibilities
Managers and supervisors carry both legal and company responsibilities for ensuring the health and safety of their employees, those under their control and those who might be affected by the work undertaken, i.e. public, visitors and employees of other organisations. This includes briefing individuals working for them and ensuring there is the necessary understanding, competence and application of requirements to work safely and without harming the environment.
Employees are responsible for ensuring they fully understand the health and safety risks involved in their work activities and their responsibility to apply the controls needed to manage those risks to acceptable levels. Similarly where work activities can have an adverse impact upon the environment, and particularly where there are legal requirements, employees are responsible for understanding those impacts and the controls they must ensure are applied.
If in doubt ask!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959460185