Senior Engineer - Hybrid Applications
An opportunity has become available for a Senior Engineer within Hybrid applications to join a global engineering consultancy who employs over 3000 consultants around the globe.
Based in Multiple locations such as: Leamington Spa, Shoreham, Prague and Cambridge, you will work with industry recognised experts to deliver cutting edge engineering solutions.
You will be rewarded with a salary ranging from £38,000 to £45,000 per year and benefits packages.
The successful Engineer will take an active part within the Hybrid & xEV Systems Engineering Team to deliver Hybrid Applications to on-going client projects. Working as part of a highly skilled and potentially multi-national team you will be responsible for the following tasks:
Role responsibilities would include:
- To work on the electrical integration and application of hybrid and electric systems from prototype through to full series production on client hybrid and electric vehicle projects.
- To interface directly with clients on technical issues, often working as part of the client engineering team at the client site or any one of the Ricardo offices.
- To provide technical guidance for the development and application of complex hybrid and electric systems
- Liaise with suppliers/subcontractors to agree the specification of purchased components and delivery requirements for the project.
- To support lead engineers in the development of electrical and electronic systems particularly relating to hybrid and electric systems for vehicle applications.
- Work to client quality procedures and validation processes
- Support the development of future products and services
- Support of the Sales Teams in the development of market opportunities through client interaction, proposal support and road-map development.
The successful applicant will have a sound automotive engineering background, experience of successfully delivering projects in an electrified powertrain environment either in an OEM or Tier 1.
- Good knowledge of hybrid and electric driveline architectures, components and systems integration.
- Good understanding of the operating principles of motors, inverters, power converters, battery chargers and battery systems
- Good understanding of high current and automotive high voltage ( up to 1000V ) power systems, (connectors, bus bars, cables, contractors & fusing)
- Ideally some experience of electrical component integration (up to 1000V), design & development on low volume or high volume products, particularly HV battery, propulsion systems and sub systems in a tier 1 or OEM environment
- Familiarity with functional safety concepts and industry tools such as DFMEA, FTA, Hazard Analysis
- Strong teamwork, organisational, oral communication, and written communication skills
- An understanding of project delivery within a systems engineering environment.
- Good interpersonal and customer facing skills
- Experience Hybrid and Electric vehicle driveline and associated subsystems with experience in the application of these systems in production projects.
For further information please contact Teresa Anderson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959462187