I am currently working in partnership with an exciting business in Coventry to recruit a Category Manager for their growing team. Responsible for indirect and professional services spend spanning IT, travel and logistics, marketing, facilities management and HR/finance, this Category Manager will have full ownership of the end to end process as outlined below.
With a global history spanning circa 100 years, this market-leading business have developed more of a UK and European presence in recent years and as such are looking to drive procurement strategy across the operation. Reporting into the Purchasing Manager, a passionate and driven individual, the Category Manager will be given support and trust to claim ownership of your category in an environment where your personal and professional development will remain a key focus.
This is an exciting opportunity which will allow you to build on a current skillset and continue to grow and progress underneath the guidance of an established and motivational procurement professional.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Understand business needs across the professional services category by interacting with appropriate internal stakeholders
- Conduct regular market and competitor analysis to understand the industry and supply markets of your category
- Identify new suppliers for your category where necessary and create a sourcing strategy that will enable you to maintain service levels, quality and cost
- Select suppliers and negotiate terms based on the above before finalising contracts and communicating these with the business
- Implement KPI's that allow you to continually manage supplier performance. Initially, the existing supplier base will need reviewing in line with these and moving forwards, regular reviews will be required
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A procurement background with experience of supplier selection and negotiation; you'll need be able to demonstrate cost savings
- The ability to implement new processes and lead projects
- Indirect purchasing experience, particularly across IT, travel and logistics, marketing, facilities management, HR/finance
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to develop internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Ambition and drive to develop your career and add value to the organisation you work for
- An analytical and commercial mind-set in an addition to a flexible nature
If you fit the criteria outlined above and are a Buyer/Senior Buyer looking for the next step in your career, please get in touch to discuss this opportunity in more detail.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at ******************.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959452939