Information Security Engineer
Information Security Engineer
Fantastic Salary + Benefits
Due to ongoing large scale transformation and change; a leading multibillion pound Global brand now requires an Information Security Engineer to join their technology team to help take the organisation on an exciting journey. Join an internationally acclaimed employer - named on Bloomberg's 50 Best Employers in the UK.Working for the award winning CIO, you will work with the Global Information Security Team, Group IT, internal stakeholders and vendors to ensure that all information and systems are secure, fit for purpose and protected to an optimal level. Being a sign-off participant for risk and security assessments for new projects and business as usual growth. Driving the scrutiny, culture, strategy and adoption across the global organisation.
Information Security Engineer Responsibilities:
* Day-to-day running and monitoring of Information Security systems - analyse and interpret outputs to identify security weaknesses and recommend continuous improvements
* Respond to Security Incidents and alerts ensuring prompt containment and recovery - strong incident management skills - act as internal escalation point
* Plan and oversee regular security penetration testing against new and existing services to identify weaknesses and formulate plans and processes to minimise risk
*Own and update the Information Security Risk Register and produce Security KPIs
* Creation and enforcement of Information Security Policies and Standards
* Consult on and implement security best practice in new and existing IT projects including third party supply chain.
* Promote culture of 'security by design' and facilitate appropriate activities to support and improve Information Security Awareness across the Group
* Understanding of information security principles, including regulatory, legislative and industry practices. Update policy and processes accordingly - e.g for GDPR
Information Security Engineer Key Experience:
* At least 3+ years' experience within an Information Security role
* Good practical knowledge of GDPR (desirable) or data privacy by design
* Proven ability to manage a variety of security software, systems and services e.g. e-mail filtering, AV, DLP etc along with an understanding of malware prevention, emerging threats, attacks and vulnerability management
* A strong understanding of Information Security best practice for all elements including workstations, servers, networks and applications
* Knowledge of Security Frameworks, i.e. Cyber Essentials, ISO 27001
* Ability to confidently perform security audits, both internal and external (e.g. third party and supplier assurance) and ensure strong recommendations are followed
* Project Management skills - able to manage multiple projects
* Experience of reviewing existing and new business processes to ensure Information Security best practice is enforced
* Ability to remain calm under pressure and clearly communicate to all levels of management around the globe
* Ability to prioritise, meet tight deadlines, has a sense of urgency and a high degree of confidentiality
* Understanding of IT Service Management principles ideally ITIL.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Information Security Engineer looking to take that next step and play a key part in a technology transformation within this internationally acclaimed organisation.
For a confidential discussion or to find out more about this exciting opportunity get in touch.
Ferhan Zaheer / ************* / ********************************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959463194