Scientist - Process Development
The position will involve extensive interaction with both internal and external stakeholders, and the ability to show commitment to scientific development and innovation are considered essential. Prior experiencing of using relevant systems, including AMBR15, AMBR250 and DASGIP is absolutely required, as is experience in developing and implementing associated process for mammalian cell lines. The position will work closely with the Cell Line Development and Analytical teams and will report to the Chief Technology Officer.
- Lead, plan and conduct cell culture experiments using small scale, high throughput bioreactor systems, including use of statistical approaches for process design and specification (DOE, QbD)
- To support technology transfer activities for commercial manufacturing
- To work closely with internal and external stakeholders to define project goals and deliverables, in line with planned project objectives
- To keep up to date with the scientific literature and developments in the field
- Set an example to other colleagues, and to train and mentor junior staff
- Perform data analysis, author SOPs and write technical reports
- Support and contribute to protection and assessment of intellectual property
- Promote and suggest implementation of new methods, technologies and processes to ensure best practice
- To ensure established quality standards are strictly adhered to, across all on-going activities
- A PhD or DPhil in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Cell Biology or Biochemistry, along with several years industry experience applicable to the role.
- Extensive knowledge of subject area, and ideally a strong network within academic and industry groups
- An engineering mindset good ability to utilise statistical approaches (in particular Design of Experiments) to optimize processes and procedures
- Prior use of small scale bioreactor systems in an industry setting
- Experience in implementing upstream processes for mammalian cell lines, ideally both for protein and viral vector production
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and verbal skills, including the ability to give presentations and to speak to groups
- High-level attention to detail
- Ability to work under demanding conditions, and to cope with shifting priorities
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959464486