Infrastructure Support Specialist - Reading
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a site-based Infrastructure Support Specialist providing network and infrastructure support based from our datacentre in Reading. You will be providing support to a key non-production datacentre environment for the EMEA region.
- Perform visual inspection of equipment upon request to provide Hewlett Packard Enterprise teams with information regarding cabling, port availability, and network connections.
- Document cable connections and server backplane connections as requested.
- Maintain asset/configuration management information, properly update systems and maintain high standards in data quality and asset reporting.
- Update network documentation including network diagrams.
- Perform cable inventory as requested.
- Work with a global support team supporting multiple lab facilities and datacentre activities.
- Provide remote configuration/troubleshooting support.
- Process change requests in layer-2/layer-3 network infrastructure to deliver connectivity, access and security to project teams.
- Define/configure VLANs, trunks, port channels and access points.
We are looking for a system administrator with 2 or more of the following skillset:
- VMware ESX Installation / configuration and management
- Windows server build / configuration
- Linux server build / configuration
- Experience with VMware View would be a plus point
- network / firewall
You will also possess the following skills:
- Basic understanding of IT operations in a corporate organisation.
- Strong appreciation of data and datacentre facility security.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible and willing to cope with unexpected problems and situations.
- Capacity to understand, clarify and manage customer expectations.
- Basic understanding of server hardware (eg, console, devices
- Ability to handle various types of media, devices and libraries.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office environments and general PC hardware.
- Basic understanding of networking.
- Ability to look for opportunities to improve existing processes and workflow designs.
This is an excellent opportunity to join us and as an employee you will gain access to a large library of training courses and accreditations to help further your skills and development.
We also offer an excellent benefits package including personal pension plan, and various other flexible benefits including private medical cover, life insurance, and flexible holiday to name a few.
Apply now for consideration!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959463616