My client located in the Scottish Borders, is a world class provider of infrastructure solutions covering the telecommunications, electricity and water industries. The business has a reputation for exemplary customer service. This exciting and innovative business offer excellent working conditions, competitive salaries, extensive training opportunities as well as the use of state of the art equipment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a cutting edge business and progress your career within a company that is keen to support and develop its employees.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Product Design and Development in conjunction with customers, suppliers and sales personnel. This will involve travel throughout the UK and occasional international travel.
- Working closely with internal personnel and responsible for the integration of materials, methods, and tools necessary to introduce new products into the company product portfolio.
- Working closely with sales personnel providing product field support where necessary, this will involve travel throughout the UK and occasional foreign travel.
- Establish and maintain customer relationships, and assisting them to resolve their product challenges.
- Technical Sales: costing & quotes including technical feasibility, quality requirements, tolerances, capacity, tooling planning & estimates, production time, material estimates and nurturing customer relationships.
- Demonstrable ability to effectively manage a simultaneous range of diverse activities.
- A structured approach to problem solving based on the utilisation of data.
- Demonstrable experience of working closely with customers.
- Familiarity with product management techniques.
- A wide degree of latitude is provided and the ability to operate under own initiative and with
creativity is expected.
- Bachelor?s Degree in (or equivalent) in Product, Polymer, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent experience in a related technical field).
- 3+ years of relevant experience in an engineering role.
- 3+ years? experience applying product management.
- Full Drivers Licence & passport. Comfortable with international travel.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959459629