STOKE ON TRENT AREA
UP TO £35K DOE
This excellent opportunity will involve the following duties:
- Producing, analysing and reporting the weekly management accounts including sales and margin reporting, PPV analysis and consolidation of the weekly P&L in line with reporting deadlines
- Co-ordinating and preparing for review weekly P&L along with KPI measures and comparisons against budget and forecasts
- Daily reporting of sales and margin and reviewing product costing and provide input to pricing decisions
- Preparing sales analysis by customer and sector and review profit by SKU
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly forecasts
- Producing timely monthly management accounts, including posting journals, carrying out reconciliations and creating reports for Group
- Producing and reviewing costings for all product development to ensure profitability targets are met
- Maintaining forecast models for materials and packaging costs to ensure all new products are accurately costed
- Monthly review meeting with purchasing controller to understand impact of inflationary changes and roll-up of ?Bill of materials? to standard cost
- Identifying and understanding impact of changes to costs and product profitability
- Maintaining and developing Business Intelligence tools to support decision making and changes in business dynamics
- Co-ordinating post promotional reviews to confirm accuracy and profitability, and to recommend learnings to take forward
- Providing holiday cover for Financial Controller and liaising with auditors when required.
Interested applicants must have the following experience:
- A Professional Accountancy Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA) would be desirable - however, a part qualified accountant with strong relevant experience will also be considered
- Experience of working within manufacturing would be preferred
- Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Detailed understanding of Commercial, Manufacturing and Costing processes
- Strong knowledge of product costing techniques and Bill of Material management.
- Ability to analyse and interpret variances, and drive business improvement through this
- Experience of management accounts and financial controls.
- Strong computer literacy ? advanced excel user and experience of a financial computer
Due to the location of this role, it is advisable for applicants to have access to their own transport.
Due to the expected high number of applicants for the Management Accountant role, we regret that it may not be possible to respond to all unsuccessful applications.
For more information on the Management Accountant vacancy, please contact Rob Hulse at Intro Personnel on or send your current CV to us.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959462086