Junior Database Administrator
Junior Database Administrator - Manchester - £20-30k
Are you a Junior/ Mid-level database administrator looking for a new challenge? Are you looking to gain exposure to the latest BI tools and technologies? Are you interested in being involved with new and exciting projects?
The Larson Group is currently recruiting a Junior Database Administrator for an award winning and growing recruitment agency based in Manchester. This is a brand-new role to support the growth of the organisation and offers involvement in exciting projects from day one.
Upcoming projects include migration of current data warehouse solution to the Azure cloud, Development of a new CRM System, creating dashboards and ad-hoc reports to aid decision making throughout the business.
Other duties will include functional and non-functional testing, documentation of existing applications, analysis and design from business requirements and translation of business requirements into technical specifications. Adopting a "continuous improvement" methodology and delivering a "Best in class" IT Service to the business.
Responsibilities: General duties will include but not be limited to:
- Improving application efficiency and stability,
- Responding to end user application support requests,
- Managing/completing change requests,
- Implementation of new databases and the supporting infrastructure, including backup strategy
- Support and implementation of BI tools such as SSRS, SSIS, SSAS and Power BI
- Developing new reports,
- The improvement of application security and implementation of change management and industry best practice processes and procedures.
- Optimisation of new and existing SQL code and SSIS packages.
- Exposure to SQL Server 2012 upwards
- Producing SQL Scripts
- SQL Queries
- Any experience pf ETL processes would be beneficial but not mandatory
- Any experience of cloud hosting would be beneficial but not mandatory
Travel: Based at the Head office in Spinningfields, travel to other offices (London, Hong Kong, New York) will be minimal.
Qualifications: MCDBA, MCTS, MCPD and or other MS Certifications, HND/Degree or development related qualifications would be beneficial.
Key Words - Junior Database Administrator, Database Administrator, Junior DBA, SQL DBA, SQL Server, Database Analyst, Database Developer
Larson Resource Group Limited is registered in England & Wales with a company number 06110626. Registered office address is Windsor House Cornwall Road Harrogate HG1 2PW. Our VAT number is 916 0028 57. Larson Resource Group Limited trades as an Employment Agency when placing permanent candidates and as an Employment Business when placing Contractors (under the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment and Business Regulations 2003) In accordance with these regulations you should have received a copy of our Client Terms of Business. If you have not received a copy please contact a member of staff immediately. All discounted rates quoted are only valid providing all other terms are met in accordance with our standard Client Terms of Business. For more information on Larson Resource Group please review our website *********************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959459520